The Capital One Cup thread 2013/14

Lineker

The only people the West Ham squad have confidence in are themselves, and 99% of the time it is misplaced. They're a bunch of self-important twats.

West Ham's best bet is to get Steve Clarke in on a short term deal, try and boost the squad with loan signings, and hope there's three worse teams than us come May. We'd also be best off not having the Olympic Stadium, as it's deals like that which have Gold & Sullivan convinced West Ham are a team that's competing for European trophies.

Big Sam is a bit annoying (though I still love him) but I think he knows what he's doing. I think if they get a few players back to fitness they'll be fine.

You can only play the percentages for so long, think its finally caught up with him.

Yeah, but his team is shit and he's missing a big lump to kick balls at, so that's only increasing that probability from 'you're going down Sam' to 'seriously, you're probably going down Sam'. It's a tactic that got him 7th once (was it 7th?) and he's got jobs based solely on that ever since.