Champions League 2013/14

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Eden Hazard is not in the Chelsea squad that has travelled to Romania for Tuesday's Champions League game against Steaua Bucharest, according to the Daily Mail's Matt Barlow. Kevin De Bruyne is also absent.
Arsenal will have Tomas Rosicky available again following a hamstring injury for tomorrow's Champions League Group F encounter with Napoli at the Emirates Stadium. Theo Walcott has responded well to surgery on a minor abdominal problem, but is now set for up to five weeks on the sidelines.
Celtic could be without Derk Boerrigter tomorrow, the 26-year-old winger is struggling with an ankle complaint and did not train today. Midfielder Beram Kayal (groin) and winger James Forrest (virus) did train and are available while midfielder Joe Ledley is still out with a groin injury.

Yeah I didn't see the full thing but apparently it was in response to repeated questions about why Kevin de Bruyne wasn't on the trip (Hazard isn't either, as mentioned above, so you can bet that 3 out of Mata/Oscar/Willian/Schurrle will start). He had stated his reason, that KDB was poor against Swindon (I was there and yes, he was rather wank), hence not selected and so no point putting him through a round trip to Romania, but apparently they asked again and again.

The amusing bit was, from the short clip of the walkout I saw this morning, how Lampard (sat next to him) was trying so hard not to laugh when it happened.

A bit of a quote from the Chelsea website regarding KDB and Hazard:

'Eden I don't think will be fit for Sunday,' reported the manager.

'I think he will be fit after the international break but Dr Biosca is always optimistic and says there is a little chance he can be fit for Sunday [when Chelsea visit Norwich].

'Kevin is my option. I make mistakes but I try to be honest all the time so the same way I try to be honest with Juan [Mata] and say tomorrow he will play because of what he did in training and because of what he did in the last matches he played, it is the same with Kevin. He is not selected because I did not like the way he played against Swindon and I did not like the way he was training.'