Champions League 2013/14

METALMAN

I just expected a second booking. And I say this on the basis of how European games have generally been refereed in recent memory. Even the Premier League is a bit iffy these days on 50/50 types and you expect refs to be even more stringent in the CL.

Whether that's correct or not, it was a surprise.

It was pretty reckless and dangerous. Once both feet leave the ground you don't have full control of yourself and thus you could cause serious damage to the opponent.

I just expected a second booking. And I say this on the basis of how European games have generally been refereed in recent memory. Even the Premier League is a bit iffy these days on 50/50 types and you expect refs to be even more stringent in the CL.

I understand a booking, and with the CL way of doing things, wouldn't have been surprised. It was never a red, and it really wasn't dangerous.

It is the type of tackle that wouldn't have even been sniffed at several years ago.