Champions League 2013/14

METALMAN

Based on what I've seen so far Real Madrid will absolutely thump Dortmund, and most likely Bayern will do the same to United. The other two matches are harder to predict however. Athletico Madrid have been extremely impressive all season while Barcelona have seemed underwhelming at times (at least they have in comparison to their own usual standards). Chelsea Vs PSG is the hardest one to call, that could honestly go either way. However, I'll stick my neck out and predict Real, Athletico, Bayern Munich & PSG as the semi-finalists...

...Now watch as every match goes the opposite way <_<

I'm happy with the draw, weren't really fussed about who we got because it's the CL quarter finals, not sure an "easy" draw exists at this stage. I just hope we play well and then you never know...

Bayern to win it again I think. I'd like to see Madrid though, to be fair. Don't think the other teams really have much of a chance though the outcome of Atletico/Barca could go either way.

Yeah Barcelona have played Atletico 3 times this year, they've all ended in draws, Barca have only scored 1 goal in those games and sit a point behind them. They've also taken 4 points off Real Madrid and beat them at the Bernabeu in the league.

It'd very foolish to write Atletico off, they're very strong.

I expect Atletico to beat Barcelona and then, with perhaps the exception of a semi final against Bayern, I would put them in with a decent shout of reaching the final too.

Chelsea fans are very happy with PSG on the basis of what might otherwise have been - it's a question of "we can" rather than "dooooom". I don't think any of us are going so far as to say "we will" beat them.

Depending on how the draw for the Semis pans out an Athletico/Real final is starting to look more likely. Not counting out the other teams but they were by far the two most impressive teams so far, especially in the Round of 16

I'll be surprised if Atletico make the final. They were great in the last round yeah but they were only facing a poor Milan side. I think Barca will still likely beat them but even if they don't, I doubt they can then overcome one of the other big, big guns.

Same could have been said of Dortmund last year. Saying that, as much as I give Atletico a decent chance of beating Barca, I reckon they'd need to avoid Real and Bayern in the semis to make the final.

Same could have been said of Dortmund last year. Saying that, as much as I give Atletico a decent chance of beating Barca, I reckon they'd need to avoid Real and Bayern in the semis to make the final.

Same was exactly said about Dortmund last year after they were drawn in the same group as City and, iirc, Real. Dortmund finished top of that group.