The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Hawkeye, up to E5

Spoiler

FUCK YES KINGPIN! I LOVE EVERYTHING~!

Okay but seriously, this has been my favorite of the D+ shows so far. The Kate Bishop character has been very entertaining and a great addition, while I love seeing Hawkeye as a more grizzled, vulnerable hero with the hearing problems & the icing the body.  It's a welcomed sight.

As someone who didn't see Black Widow, I have absolutely adored everything about the Yelena character. She's a gem 🥰

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tristy said:

All the season finale of Hawkeye really did is make me want to see the Echo show right now. Man, I love that character so much.

Uhh...

B0n8.gif

And see more of Rogers! The Musical

So... (Hawkeye ep 6)

Spoiler

Laura Barton is/was Agent 19, then? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockingbird_(Marvel_Comics)

And I'm assuming since we didn't see him die, there's no way Kingpin is dead. Probably left for dead by Echo though. Big mistake.

30 minutes ago, The Redeemer CLDY said:

So... (Hawkeye ep 6)

Reveal hidden contents

Laura Barton is/was Agent 19, then? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockingbird_(Marvel_Comics)

And I'm assuming since we didn't see him die, there's no way Kingpin is dead. Probably left for dead by Echo though. Big mistake.

Spoiler

I'm wishing/hoping (i know no chance in hell) that the Echo D+series starts by showing us it was Maya shot in the prosthetic leg to incapacitate her by Bullseye to aide in Kingpins escape.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yeah, if that's the extent of Kingpin, then that would be pretty pointless and a missed opportunity.

Thought the finale was okay, felt like Florence Pugh elevated the show, every scene she was in was a highlight - really enjoyed her moment on the ice with Clint at the end. 

Also, I didn't fully understand the reference on first watch, but I'm so here for anymore Linda Cardellini involvement in the future. 

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that the mid credits scene...

Spoiler

Was the GREATEST ONE EVER~!

Ok I know that's jest, but still, I laughed my ass off so much at Rogers: The Musical! That was camp at its finest

Easily my favorite D+ series, and not even really a contest

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, if that's the extent of Kingpin, then that would be pretty pointless and a missed opportunity.

Thought the finale was okay, felt like Florence Pugh elevated the show, every scene she was in was a highlight - really enjoyed her moment on the ice with Clint at the end. 

Also, I didn't fully understand the reference on first watch, but I'm so here for anymore Linda Cardellini involvement in the future. 

I believe everything is improved at least five-fold when Linda Cardellini is involved. 

• Like 3

Watched the final two episodes tonight and boy, that finale was just delightful in any way. Sure, you can say that it wrapped things up so neatly that it effectively changes little to nothing about the films, but I don't give a shit, it was great from top to bottom and has left me with a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Spoiler

Kate and Yelena just have chemistry in spades and all their interactions were just beyond delightful in both episodes. They are the perfect combination of frenemy and just pushing each other's buttons whilst trying their best to put their other in their place.

Yelena being all motherly and derisive about Kate's lifestyle, about keeping Kate away. And Kate just continuing to be that perfectly annoying plucky hero that presses on regardless of how many times she gets pushed back by everyone around her.

Just in general, both of those two are phenomenal castings. They are just magnetic, especially Steinfeld who feels like a swiss army knife when it comes to just pairing her up with any character and having it click near immediately.

I loved Clint, this is the Clint i've wanted to see for over a decade. The guy that is just a normal human dude with extraordinary skills, trying to cobble together a normal existence whilst everything keeps it from being normal. His vulnerability perfectly aligned with Kate's bulletproof attitude, again, perfect yin/yang of that grizzled cynicism with the unwavering optimism. Phenomenal pairing, and I hope they have many more interactions in the future.

Loved Echo, that love tripled when I read up on the actress and found out that she's legit a born-deaf amputee. This is how you should deal with these things, she's just as capable of being a badass but also just as capable of being emotional. She's a human being and not just some 'special thing' that has to be treated differently. I'm massively excited for her series which will hopefully establish her as yet another great character.

The Kingpin reveal, whilst teased and somewhat spoiled earlier, was delightful. And I just feel that this isn't the end yet, Marvel isn't the type to leave things up in the air unless they have a very good plan for it. And with Echo being made into an anti-hero, I can see her being unable to shoot Kingpin as much as she wants to. She still cares, still sees him as a father figure, despite how much of a monster he is... And as others mentioned, good chance that something kept her from taking the shot, or maybe she simply couldn't shoot straight because of those pesky emotions.

I loved that the side-characters also got their moment in the sun, and everything came together in the end to not make it feel convoluted. Jack's an absolute delight, what a gigantic nerd he is and Tony Dalton just chewed the scenery non-stop. The assistant-avengers were also great in adding a further human element of normal people doing extaordinary things when it matters.

I feel top to bottom, this was the best Disney+ Marvel show. Again, it plays things save when it needs to and one can criticize that conservative attitude, but in terms of thrills and entertainment factor this one had me hooked every episode of the way. The Christmas theme was a revelation and infinitely added to that Die Hard-ish charm of a bunch of unlikely heroes saving Christmas, with plenty of stumbles and funny humorous plot beats on top of that.

Also, give us the goddamn full Rodgerscut. I want 2 hours of Rodgers: The Musical, and I want it yesterday.

• Like 3

Yeah I certainly enjoyed that. Felt like the most grounded and structured of all the D+ shows. Great characters helped carry a pretty fun storyline all the way through. It got a tad quippy at the end when the drama is supposed to be its most serious but that's par for the course.

Spoiler

Pretty confident in saying since the gunshot was off screen that Kingpin is still alive and kicking. That scene probably directly leads in to the Echo show, with Echo herself being shot and Kingpin getting away.

Yelena is a real godsend to the MCU. Florence Pugh is one of the very best young actresses out there and she's going to add a ton to whatever she's in going forward.

The dynamic of Kate and Clint, and then finally becoming "partners" leading to the conclusion of Kate officially becoming the new Hawkeye was so well-done the entire show.

I'd say the weakest part of the show was that they never really tried to make us believe Jack was behind anything. We knew their pursuit of him was a fool's errand but there was not one thing in the show that didn't feel like an obvious red herring. It kind of detracted from a couple episodes since it felt as if there were no stakes.

Alright, I watched this last night but it ended at like 4:15am for me, so some thoughts in no particular order as they are coming to me 20 hours later

Spoiler

God I was geeking out whenever Kingpin was on screen.  I'm so happy to see him in the MCU proper

Clint saying "You're my partner" was just perfect

I was really glad the LARPers  had a bigger role.  Give them a spin-off as bungling street level heroes.  If anyone else has watched it, think Legends of Tomorrow, but with LARPers

Kazi...Kazai?  Whatever.  He's been riding that "Seems like a decent person inside, I kinda want to like him" rail the entire season for me.  I was REALLY hoping he'd go with Maya.. 

Jack just walking around with a sword LOL

Always knew not to trust Kates mom

Everyone else has said it, but yea, the chemistry Florence Pugh and Hailee Steinfeld was great.  Yelena being the "protective older sister" to Kate in their scenes was hilarious.  "Ugh!  Stop making me like you!"

Everything about the fight at 30 Rock, seeing the tree fall down, the shrunken truck (Even if the owl didn't grab them, pretty sure those Tracksuit Mafia guys would die anyway.  Don't Scott and Hopes masks have something to do with breathing while being shrunken?

Did Jack serious just kill, like, 8 people?

Daredevil showed us Kingpins brute strength by smashing someones head with a car door.  Hawkeye shows us it by him ripping a car door off.  Long story short, don't be in a car around Kingpin

Laura was Agent 19, but not referred to as Mockingbird.  In Agents of Shield, Bobbi was called Mockingbird, but never called Agent 19.  AoS still cannon in my head...

Glad Pizza Dog finally got a name!

I thought it was OK. Spoilers for No Way Home

Spoiler

It could potentially be a come down from No Way Home but I was kinda disappointed with Kingpin. Was fantastic to see him in the MCU but it didn't feel like entirely the same character from the Netflix shows? And they absolutely haven't killed him off off-screen when they've literally just introduced him AND Daredevil to the world, that would have been such a waste.

I didn't really get into Echo, but I think that's down to not having any clue about her character before the show. I have enough faith that her show will be good, and the actor did a great job, I just didn't find her arc all that interesting.

Yelena and Kates scenes were the highlight by far. I think the trick arrows scene would have landed better if we didn't have the car chase earlier but that was awesome so fuck it.

And the Rogers Musical bonus scene was just too cheesy for me, just to complete the grump bingo.

Definitely my favorite of the TV shows so far surprisingly, I didn't expect to like it as much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Merry Kaneymas said:

I thought it was OK.

Reveal hidden contents

Definitely my favorite of the TV shows so far surprisingly, I didn't expect to like it as much.

Was that a No Way Home spoiler??? Stopped reading at the first line. 

Hawkeye finale:

Spoiler

I really hope that's not the last we see of Kingpin, the brief amount we got here was a wonderful reminder of how great Vincent D'Onofrio's portrayl of him is. Nobody does emotional, violent anger better than him. There's plenty of comic storylines where being shot doesn't stop Kingpin though, so I'm hopeful he'll be in the Echo show.

I definitely enjoyed the series though and hope we get a season 2, even with Clint as more a supporting figure than an active protagonist. 

41 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Hawkeye finale:

Hide contents

I really hope that's not the last we see of Kingpin, the brief amount we got here was a wonderful reminder of how great Vincent D'Onofrio's portrayl of him is. Nobody does emotional, violent anger better than him. There's plenty of comic storylines where being shot doesn't stop Kingpin though, so I'm hopeful he'll be in the Echo show.

I definitely enjoyed the series though and hope we get a season 2, even with Clint as more a supporting figure than an active protagonist. 

Spoiler

The Echo/Kingpin scene was basically a recreation of when Kingpin is shot by Echo and is blinded (due to brain damage from the gunshot) for a period of time.