The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

So...

Overall spoilers, don't read if you haven't watched Hawkeye up to E3

Spoiler

We agree that Kates mom is implied to have killed her dad, right?  The entire argument in the beginning was how strapped for cash they were, and now she's suddenly the CEO of a large, probably multi-national security firm?

Also, I think the Kingpin stuff will be a fakeout, and it'll be Kates father.  They are telegraphing Kingpin WAY too much, with Echo's father being killed in the "Fat Man Garage" and the laugh he gives in the karate scene sounded very much like D'Onofrio just makes it seem too obvious.  The MCU will imply some things, but thats just taking a sledgehammer to it

Spoiler

It’s Kingpin, he’s the villain of the Echo series. He probably bought Stark Tower too, why mention that - again - if it doesn’t come back into play for the story? I doubt we’ll even see him until the finale, though.

Kate and Clint are working together, but within the show their stories are very much separated and with their own villains. Clint has the Tracksuits and Echo, Kate has her mother and Jack/Swordsman.

This’ll probably end with Yelena convincing him to finally retire, Echo on her way to being a good guy hero and confronting Kingpin, and Kate realizing her mom is the actual villain (and she probably kills Jack, too) 

8 hours ago, Lint said:

So...

Overall spoilers, don't read if you haven't watched Hawkeye up to E3

Reveal hidden contents

That would be some WWE levels of "swerve for the sake of a swerve" bullshit. He's a well-liked actor and the character is someone people have been clamoring to see in the MCU / back in the fold for years now, going "haha swerved ya" is going to piss people off.

• Like 1

Kevin Feige has seemingly confirmed 

Spoiler

Charlie Cox will play Matt Murdock in the MCU

• Like 2

On 29/11/2021 at 07:21, TheRaySays said:

I guess I don't quite know what "risks" people are expecting? WandaVision spent 6 of 9 of its episodes painstakingly recreating the evolution of the sitcom.

exactly, it was kinda interesting for a while and then turned into just another boring marvel laser fight.

3 hours ago, tristy said:

Oh shiiiit. Hawkeye E4 spoilers. 

Hide contents

hawkeye-the-future-of-kate-and-yelena-te

Spoiler

It was great to see her, even if her "use a masked stunt double with a completely different body type to cut down the days we need to pay Florence Pugh" was a little off-putting.

On a related note, Florence Pugh has  had her Instagram account blocked for talking about her own appearance in the show...

So...

Spoiler

I knew Florence Pugh would show up at some point but owing to how the stunt double looked nothing like her I didn't think it was her for a second. 😂

Main story beats this episode made it extremely clear there are either two wholly different threads or someone is both helping Echo and paying Black Widow. It's obviously not Jack, and he's either a useful idiot or is being used as cover. I assume Eleanor is at the top of everything. Considering they opened the entire show with "we're broke and we'll lose our penthouse" to her living in a fully repaired penthouse running a multinational corporation following her husband's death it seems perhaps kind of obvious. But the regular "it's Jack" dialogue is so forced in there, almost unrealistically, to keep some of us off the scent. I highly doubt Clint Barton would go "yep that was easy, that's our guy".

45 minutes ago, tristy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, its 4:45AM and now that I've read that spoiler since YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT EPISODE IT WAS SPOILER FOR!!!

Now I need to watch...

6 hours ago, tristy said:

🙄

I was just joking.  Love ya fam 😘

• Thanks 1

Currently watching this week's Hawkeye.

Spoiler

I feel like I can't really allow Yelena Belova to be eligible for Best New Character since she debuted in a movie, not a TV show, but on the other hand she's made a show I'm really getting a lot out of already even better.

(oh uh also I promise I'll get Favorite Show up and running soon)

EDIT: Also I don't do boxed mac with hot sauce proper but sriracha sauce, holy shit, absolutely. So good.

• Like 1

Boxed mac and cheese with the powder sauce is fucking disgusting. Kate is the daughter of a rich woman who has her own loft in New York, so I'm assuming she at least buys the mac and cheese with the liquid sauce. The white cheese with the garlic & herb seasoning? Oh my godddd, ya'll. Good shit.

Uh, yeah, this episode was also really good too.

35 minutes ago, tristy said:

Boxed mac and cheese with the powder sauce is fucking disgusting. Kate is the daughter of a rich woman who has her own loft in New York, so I'm assuming she at least buys the mac and cheese with the liquid sauce.

She probably gets cut off from the trust fund on the regular and has learned to adapt to consuming the cheap stuff.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, tristy said:

The white cheese with the garlic & herb seasoning? Oh my godddd, ya'll. Good shit.

So, true story.

I was on my way to work today when I decided to stop at a store to get some food for lunch.

I bought a few things.  A chicken bacon wrap (which sucked), a turkey and provolone hoagie (which was ok), a little thing of seafood salad (which was surprisingly good), and a Panera Bread Mac-N-Cheese bowl.

But it wasn't "just mac-n-cheese".  It was "White Cavatappi with Garlic and Herb seasoning"

That shit cost me like $9, but it was SOOOOOOO good

• Thanks 1