The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

On 18/08/2021 at 13:49, Chris2K said:

I really enjoyed episode 2, it blew episode 1 out of the water in my opinion. The fact that they got almost the entire MCU cast in to voice it probably helped.

Hide contents

I'm going to speculate that the reason they didn't get Dave in to do Drax is something to do with his reaction to James Gunn's initial firing from GOTG3, he wasn't exactly very pro-Disney and this might have been made around the same time.

In regards to this...

Spoiler

Dave says he was never asked

The director says he can't see that as being true, and says it must've been a miscommunication

“I saw that, too,” Winderbaum says. “It’s my understanding that everybody was asked in some way, shape or form, either through their agents or directly. I don’t know really what happened behind the scenes there, but certainly, we would have loved for him to be in the show. So there’s probably some miscommunication somewhere.”

So who the hell knows

I'm super far behind on the D+ stuff now. I only started trying to watch Loki last week or so and well... I thought it was really kind of sucked. The first episode was boring and I think I fell asleep during the second. I'm assuming it gets better? Maybe I'll try again after watching What If, but Loki's just so hard to get into at first, which kills it for me.

35 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I'm super far behind on the D+ stuff now. I only started trying to watch Loki last week or so and well... I thought it was really kind of sucked. The first episode was boring and I think I fell asleep during the second. I'm assuming it gets better? Maybe I'll try again after watching What If, but Loki's just so hard to get into at first, which kills it for me.

That's a bizarre take that I didn't hear from anyone while it was airing. I can't remember anyone actually not being really excited for each new episode except people who weren't excited to watch it before-hand. In fact, I think the biggest issues that I saw people have were that they didn't believe that the stakes would end up as high as they did, if only because it was a series, which had them tempering their expectations and downplaying potential excitement.

• Thanks 1

I can somewhat understand the criticism of episode 1 being "boring" though I personally enjoyed it but also think it's the weakest of the episodes. I think each episode progressively got better than the one before it, though a lot of people criticized episode 3 (though I was a big fan of it personally). 

• Like 1

I'd agree that it's the weakest episode and that the show gets better with each episode. Episode 1 was, IIRC, more of a world-building episode than anything else, lots of exposition, etc.

Maybe its just me, but I really liked this episode.  Being a Agents of SHIELD fan, I will also love Phil being involved in the MCU.

SLJ and Clark Gregg were on point, Lake Bell was great as a ScarJo replacement, to the point I didn't realize it wasn't ScarJo until the credits.

I really didn't like E2.  It seems like, since Chadwick Boseman was in ill health, they wanted to make T'Challa perfect.  He can do no wrong, and everyone is better by meeting him.  It just came off as hollow to me

Edit: How long until The Watchers "I cannot, I should not, I must not interfere" gets thrown out and he interferes?

5 hours ago, Lint said:

Maybe its just me, but I really liked this episode.  Being a Agents of SHIELD fan, I will also love Phil being involved in the MCU.

SLJ and Clark Gregg were on point, Lake Bell was great as a ScarJo replacement, to the point I didn't realize it wasn't ScarJo until the credits.

I really didn't like E2.  It seems like, since Chadwick Boseman was in ill health, they wanted to make T'Challa perfect.  He can do no wrong, and everyone is better by meeting him.  It just came off as hollow to me

Edit: How long until The Watchers "I cannot, I should not, I must not interfere" gets thrown out and he interferes?

Spoiler

I think the only reason I really liked what they did with Episode 2 was because of the last scene of the episode was that all his good actually doomed the galaxy because there was nobody to deal with Ego.

Episode 3 was fantastic.  Mostly it was fun to see the Avengers get killed off like that and I honestly did not guess who it was until it was obvious.

I...don't think it was that bleak?

It was basically an episode of Doctor Who, where The Doctor tries to change a fixed point in time and learns he can't.  Except this time he could, and the result was a disaster.

And also, we're getting closer to The Watcher inferring

• Like 1

It was pretty bleak, but predictably so. I agree that it was very Doctor Who, and called the "he can't prevent it from happening no matter what he does" story almost immediately.

The Trevor Slattery one-shot has been added to Disney+ recently, and it annoyed me that it's set up as a documentary, and then not filmed or presented as one at all. 

fucking Hank Pym, dude. Jesus! He's the true multiverse threat, apparently.

Spoiler

I didn't expect the zombie virus to come from the Quantum Realm. Wasp doing the Ant-Man/Thanos meme to Sharon Carter is fucking hilarious, Okoye slicing Falcon clean in half was something ("That was your friend, I'm sorry." / "I should feel bad, but I don't."), Vision being a monster and feeding parts of T'Challa and other humans to a zombie Wanda, and then Vision just straight up just kills himself... and to top it all off, ZOMBIE THANOS, with the Infinity Gauntlet nearly completed, ends the episode.

They kept some story beats from the original comic (Vision feeding Wanda T'Challa's body parts is Hank & T'Challa in the comics, Scott Lang being just a head is actually Janet in the source material, etc)

This one might be my favorite, honestly.

I really liked this episode, but it does seem to be stretching...

Spoiler

Why was zombie Thanos even in Wakanda?  In Infinity War, he was there because thats where the Mind Stone was.  In this, for a long period of time the Mind Stone was in New Jersey.  He would've been one of the many zombies outside of Camp Lehigh who couldn't enter it.. 

And why did Hope not shrink down to human size so she wouldn't become a giant fucking zombie?  It just made no sense

• Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 01:00, Lint said:

I really liked this episode, but it does seem to be stretching...

Reveal hidden contents

Why was zombie Thanos even in Wakanda?  In Infinity War, he was there because thats where the Mind Stone was.  In this, for a long period of time the Mind Stone was in New Jersey.  He would've been one of the many zombies outside of Camp Lehigh who couldn't enter it.. 

And why did Hope not shrink down to human size so she wouldn't become a giant fucking zombie?  It just made no sense

Spoiler

Tiny zombie is more dangerous. That's how Cap was taken down.

2 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:
  Hide contents

Tiny zombie is more dangerous. That's how Cap was taken down.

Spoiler

I meant down to human sized though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lint said:
  Hide contents

I meant down to human sized though

Spoiler

It was shown through the episode how each zombie retained use of their powers/skills so there no reason to suggest that she couldn't simply decide to turn giant after she turned anyway.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Besides, I'd imagine zombies eating your eyeballs and face would be an overwhelming experience, enough to make you not think "hey, maybe I should shrink back down to normal size!"

As for the ending: nothing really changed from Infinity War Thanos' conquest to this version's conquest, apparently. Ebony Maw & Cull Obsidian still appeared in New York shortly after Bruce Banner crash landed at the Sanctum Santorum, and Thanos still appears in Wakanda when he completes his quest for the other five Infinity Stones.

The sequence of events might have changed for the Infinity War, like Iron Man and Dr. Strange fighting Thanos on Titan earlier than expected), but it still happened presumably. They both appeared together through a portal, and Strange already lost the Time stone to Thanos, so...

WandaVision scored 3 Emmys

Spoiler

Original Music and Lyrics

WandaVision • Breaking The Fourth Wall / Song Title: Agatha All Along
Disney+ • Marvel Studios
Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Music & Lyrics
Robert Lopez, Music & Lyrics

Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes

WandaVision • Filmed Before A Live Studio Audience
Disney+ • Marvel Studios Mayes C. Rubeo, Costume Designer
Joseph Feltus, Assistant Costume Designer
Daniel Selon, Assistant Costume Designer
Virginia Burton, Costume Supervisor

Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour)

WandaVision
Disney+ • Marvel Studios
Mark Worthington, Production Designer
Sharon Davis, Art Director
Kathy Orlando, Set Decorator

• Like 1