The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Didn't do much for me, but I think that's partly because it's all set-up, really felt like we could've done with two episodes to start with. Last scene was cool - always loved reading Moon Knight and that felt very satisfying. 

Oscar Isaac's British accent is still wild though. 

Watched the first episode last night, and knowing little about Moon Knight I really enjoyed the episode. I avoided the trailers, too.

Oscar Isaac playing the doddering fool who is also extremely mentally disturbed is brilliant, and he really does a great job playing into the chaos. Some Jackie Chan-esque flourishes at how he navigates people/things wanting to kill him, but him still trying to stay out of it.

Really good stuff, more please.

Possible Echo spoilers, one of the costume designers listed

Spoiler

Costumes for Alaqua Cox (Echo), and listed right under is Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio. I think most people assumed they'd show up in Echo, but speculation is that both will play a large part in the series 

Ms. Marvel will be the first MCU D+ show that's entirely TVPG rated. WandaVision's first few episodes were at that rating, but (presumably) the entirety of Ms. Marvel will be PG. Which is perfectly fine, since this isn't a character that even needs to be TV14 (much less TVMA or anything).

Interestingly enough - by the time that show debuts, she'll be the third teenager we've had in the MCU that is a superhero. Spidey was around 15 in Civil War, and America Chavez will most likely be around that age in Multiverse of Madness.

(Kate Bishop is in her early 20s, Speed & Wiccan don't technically exist in the sacred timeline yet, and Shuri is either 16 or 18 in Black Panther depending on who you choose to listen to)

Moon Knight has been excellent so far, particularly the second episode. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

There’s like no firm indicator of when Moon Knight is exactly set right?

It's at least post Infinity War (after 2023), given that there's big ol' ads for the Global Repatriation Council (as seen in Falcon & Winter Soldier).

Edited by tristy

33 minutes ago, livid said:

That's F. Murray Abraham

I think he's talking about during the trial or whatever it was

• Like 2

We really loved the first two episodes, but this one largely left us cold. Maybe we’re too simple, but this one felt convoluted and confusing, particularly with Layla’s backstory and everything about going to the sarcophagus. We could have also used more Steven, but I get why it was more Mark.

I really want to see her developed more three-dimensionally and clarify more about her and Mark.