Formula One 2014

Lineker

Naughty Susie Wolff, smiling and applauding as Massa overtakes one of her husband's cars.

Rosberg is asking for advice but the radio ban means they can't give him any.

Meanwhile Pastor Maldonado's car is on fire, David Croft gets the comment of the weekend by saying that after this season they may as well just let the car burn to the ground.

James Allison is going to have to come up with a great chassis because I've got very little confidence in Ferrari making their power unit any stronger.

To be honest, I think it's all a little bit futile, Mercedes should control next season aswell.

• Admin
  • Ferrari boss Marco Mattiacci has left the Formula 1 team only eight months after joining and will be replaced by Maurizio Arrivabene.
  • Raffaele Marciello will make his Formula 1 testing debut for Ferrari in the coming week's Abu Dhabi sessions. The Italian GP2 racer, a member of the Ferrari Driver Academy, is scheduled for a first run in the F14 T at Yas Marina during the Tuesday/Wednesday test. Kimi Raikkonen will also be in the car during the test.
  • FIA president Jean Todt will revive the Formula 1 cost cap proposal when teams gather in Geneva on Tuesday for crunch meetings about the sport's future, AUTOSPORT has learned.
  • Newly-crowned GP3 champion Alex Lynn will make his Formula 1 test debut with Lotus during the second day of post-season running in Abu Dhabi. The British racer will share driving duties with Lotus F1 junior Esteban Ocon, taking over from the reigning European Formula 3 champion on Wednesday afternoon.

The word is that JEV will become Williams' third/reserve driver, potentially with the view of succeeding Felipe Massa in 2016. This would probably mean Sainz Jr. would partner Verstappen at Toro Rosso.

The latter has been confirmed already, I'm pretty sure?

Also good on JEV at snagging a spot at Williams, he's a talented guy and hopefully he can impress enough to stay part of the team.

Finally, good luck to Jean Todt at sticking up for the best interests of the sport, but I'm 99.9% certain that the cost-cap proposal will get mowed down hard by anyone part of the top 4