The Chivas USA Farewell Tour Thread (2014 MLS Thread)

GoGo Yubari

Carl Robinson seems to be a very savvy coach,

Very much so, and looking at the latest (last 3yrs or so) of hiring around the league most of them appear to be very savvy. This side of the pond is lacking in coaching development in terms of "xs and os" type but we've found a way around that by being good at finding coaches that have that intangible when it comes to personnel decisions and such.

So Gerrard will be the next DP signing for The Galaxy. I can only imagine it is so he and Robbie Keane can try to win a title together since they failed so poorly the first time it was attempted.

I definitely will be buying tickets to see Galaxy at Philly, this is for sure.

So, uh. Apparently NYRB have sacked Mike Petke. Wow.

And NYCFC appear to be the newest team closing in on signing Mix Diskerud? The soap opera that are New York's soccer teams goes on.

Fire sign Guilherme do Prado ("Guly") to go along with David Accam and Igboananike ..... which, along with McGee and Amirikwa seems as though they'll be going with an old Sampson 2-3-5 approach :shifty:

Arena confirms that Gerrard will arrive in July.

Philly loans McMath to COL for the season in exchange for a 2nd round pick (wtf COL .... GK only play one at a time)

AND HOLY SHIT NYRB .... firing Petke is about as stupid as you can get. Just wow .... I .... wow. Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/01/07/major-league-soccer-unveils-2015-schedule-decision-day-finale-and-expanded-p

TV schedule is released and HELL YES !!!!! This is a HUGE step forward

The important bits:

- features a Univision game of the week on Friday nights and an ESPN and FOX Sports double-header nearly every Sunday all season (Univision’s games, primarily on UniMás, will be available in Spanish and English both on television and live streamed on the Univision Deportes app)

- Sunday’s doubleheaders on ESPN and FOX Sports networks will showcase back-to-back MLS matches at 5 pm and 7 pm ET, respectively. Both ESPN and FOX Sports will simulcast their games on their Spanish-language networks (ESPN Deportes, FOX Deportes) and their authenticated digital offerings (Watch ESPN, FOX Sports GO)

- League rivalries will be on display twice in 2015 as part of Heineken presents MLS Rivalry Week the weekends of June 26-28 and Aug. 28-30

- MLS and its broadcast partners have also introduced flex scheduling for the second-to-last weekend of the regular season which will allow Univision, ESPN and FOX Sports to decide to telecast late in the season the matches that matter most in the standings

- week 33 of the season, the last day of the 2015 regular season will see MLS unveil its new “Decision Day” scheduling format. All five games in the Eastern Conference will be played concurrently on Sunday, October 25 at 5 pm ET, with one game airing on FOX Sports 1 and one game on UniMás. Immediately following, all five Western Conference matches will be played at 7 pm ET, with one game airing on ESPN2 and one game on UniMás.

- there is only ONE match scheduled on FS2 ...

Not big on the Edu deal, but knew it was going to happen. I don't think The Union know what they want to do with him - CB or DM. They seem to want to play him at CB now, but they've flip-flopped a lot. I think he should be playing in the midfield, alongside Nogeuira or however ya spell it. It's been a very quiet off-season, and I don't think they've addressed any needs at all. Someone needs to come in to replace Okugo, and I wish we'd bring in a better attacker. Casey can't play too often, I doubt Sapong is the answer, and I'm not convinced on Wenger at all.

I think the Edu signing is big BECAUSE of Okugo going. I agree though, a consistent person up front would do wonders as Nogueira showed plenty and I'm actually kind of high on him having a good year if they can get ANYONE out there with him. I mean yeah Danny Cruz is kind of fast but hell, I can run up the flank and kick the ball to the bridge .... and I'd cost less.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/houston-dynamo-acquire-former-espanyol-center-back-raul-rodriquez/ - HOU has signed CB Raul Rodriguez (Espanyol)