The Chivas USA Farewell Tour Thread (2014 MLS Thread)

GoGo Yubari

RSL has re-acquired Jamison Olave from NYRB .... for the coveted allocation money. So yeah, looks like one of us will be NYRB's CB next year :shifty:

In the Waiver Draft:

Montreal took Nigel Reo Coker

San Jose took Leandro Barrera

Colorado took Bobby Burling

Here's a nice table: http://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2015 of all the moves thus far.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/report-steven-gerrard-to-be-offered-contract-by-new-york-red-bulls/

So, NYRB are looking to offer Gerrard a contract if there's no new deal with Liverpool. Honestly, I'm not too high on the move at this point. Lampard has shown to still be quite capable. Haven't been too impressed with Gerrard for a while now.

Swedish media reporting that Chicago has signed Ghana FWD David Accam (Heslingborg)

Quite happy with Lagerwey coming, assuming he does come. General assumption is he'll take over a lot of the soccer side while Adrian Hanauer focuses on the business side/building a brand. As long as he can gel with Sigi, Hanauer, and Chris Henderson and it doesn't become a too many cooks in the kitchen thing, then that's a really powerful front office.

Cubo news! MLS has purchased his contract, though he'll go on loan with Chivas de Guadalajara for half a year before joining whoever his MLS club ends up being. Both the Galaxy and Sounders have passed on the option to get him, though, so the frontrunner now is Houston, since obviously they need a boost now that they've been promoted to the Western Conference :shifty:

Yeah Houston seems all but set to land him. It'd be a great fit honestly.

There's a bit of talk about Mix going to Tijuana. I love the Xolos but FUCK MIX, REALLY ?

SKC has added Chilean GK Luis Marin as well as Hungarian FWD Krisztian Nemeth .... SKC is just killing it with player signings the last few years. Yeah, some haven't worked out (Bieler) but the signings have been fantastic. Nemeth in the 4-3-3 is fantastic (assuming Dwyer and Zusi as the other two up top).

Brek Shea will be announced as an Orlando City player today (being reported as NOT a DP)

Brek Shea will be announced as an Orlando City player today (being reported as NOT a DP)

That would have been insane if they had signed him as a DP. What he should get is EJ on his first year in Seattle money, but I imagine his youth and relative lack of personality issues means he'll be making 250K or so.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! CUBO !!!!

I'm excited he's chosen the MLS over Liga MX (and although they're shit at the moment, arguably the biggest name club on this side of the world that isn't Brazilian, even then still). He's here in TX which will be a fantastic deal all the way around. He's wearing orange, which sucks, but still very happy with this.

Vancouver is looking into Octavio Rivero (22yr Uruguayan ST) that has torn up both the Uruguayan and Chilean leagues the last two seasons (something dumb like 21g in 30 matches or some crap). He's got good size (over 6ft) and the video I've caught of him, he passes the eye test.

Vancouver is looking into Octavio Rivero (22yr Uruguayan ST) that has torn up both the Uruguayan and Chilean leagues the last two seasons (something dumb like 21g in 30 matches or some crap). He's got good size (over 6ft) and the video I've caught of him, he passes the eye test.

And he's been added as a young DP.

Timbers re-sign Gaston Fernandez. I freaking love this guy ... hopefully he gels this season.

When Camillo fled to Mexico, the Whitecaps spent last season without a pure striker, hopefully Rivero manages to fit in with the 'Caps and proves that threat in front of the net that they desperately require.

Carl Robinson seems to be a very savvy coach, the fact the Whitecaps continue to make signings from Central and South America, this isn't accidental, as Robinson finds European youth players to often arrive with a feeling of entitlement because of the football culture of Europe. The Central and South American players arrive eager to prove themselves and improve their lives.

(I can find a link to the interview if any one is interested.)

Cubo to Houston sounds like a natural fit.