The Chivas USA Farewell Tour Thread (2014 MLS Thread)

GoGo Yubari

Steve Zakuani has retired. Sigh. That fucking tackle.

Just coming in to post this .... and yes, that tackle. That really freaking blows. I bet Mullan feels quite the ass right about now.

and uh .... NASL news: http://www.empireofsoccer.com/sources-announce-signing-29858/

Seriously, it looks like RAUL will be signing with the Cosmos .. for real.

Ownership group of the new Los Angeles club has been announced and it's pretty huge and eclectic. They're called LAFC right now but it seems to be more or less a placeholder.

Holy crap that was a great finish to the SKC/NYRB match ! SKC has to feel like shit right about now. Glad that we get more Henry (just in case this is it).

That 22 person list of LAFC owners bodes well for the franchise actually. There's very strong business acumen, very strong team running ability, and maybe more important than those two there are very strong LA ties/natives in that group. I'm actually quite optimistic about what they can do in that market as they business end seems to be much more "LA feeling" than the Galaxy.

aaaaaaand Mauro is out of the 1st leg vs the Sounders because he "left the bench" in the frakas with VAN. *sigh*

Good. FUCK Dallas!

I dislike Seattle but can at least respect them, I fucking despise the taint which is Frisco FC.

Such a cheap victory over the Whitecaps, Frisco FC deserves to be steamrolled by the Sounders. Would have been a much more memorable pair of matches if Vancouver won the playoff.

Satisfied with the 1-1 draw in the first leg, wish Oba had buried his 1v1 chance so it could have been two away goals, but still. Dallas were good but only got on the scoresheet because Marco Pappa made a shockingly stupid challenge that resulted in a deserved PK. Head home, wrap it up, hopefully move on to our second Conference Final.

aaaaaaand Mauro is out of the 1st leg vs the Sounders because he "left the bench" in the frakas with VAN. *sigh*

Good. FUCK Dallas!

I dislike Seattle but can at least respect them, I fucking despise the taint which is Frisco FC.

Such a cheap victory over the Whitecaps, Frisco FC deserves to be steamrolled by the Sounders. Would have been a much more memorable pair of matches if Vancouver won the playoff.

Wow .... where the shit is this from ? I mean, if you hate Blas Perez I can understand it .... but if not, WTF ? FCD plays some of the best team football in the league. Are you just a VAN fan or something ? Yikes.

Satisfied with the 1-1 draw in the first leg, wish Oba had buried his 1v1 chance so it could have been two away goals, but still. Dallas were good but only got on the scoresheet because Marco Pappa made a shockingly stupid challenge that resulted in a deserved PK. Head home, wrap it up, hopefully move on to our second Conference Final.

Yeah, that was a pretty damn bad challenge. To be honest I felt Dallas deserved to be on the score sheet though, especially the way they pressed in the early portion of the match. Seattle showed a gritty side by basically out Dallasing Dallas. Good physical play. Of course I'd love Dallas to go through, but I'm certainly not going to be upset with Seattle moving on.

- Hi Charlie Davies, good to see you. I did not expect that from NE ... great performance.

- I know he didn't score the goals, but holy crap did Henry put on a clinic against DC. Fantastic play. That back heel was glorious. A bit gutted that DC and NYRB went up against each other in the Semis. Love DC, but Henry is my favorite player currently playing in all of soccer .... and with this likely being it for him, I want to see as much of him as I can.

NASL NEWS: THE SCORPIONS WON THE FALL CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!! Clinched it by beating the Cosmos no less. Now we turn right back around and play them again in the Semi Final while Minnesota takes on Ft Lauderdale.

In MLS expansion news: Gordon Hartman has put it out there that there is a very "interested and serious" group of Japanese investors that he's in talks with to invest in the team with the intent on moving up to the MLS.

Good. FUCK Dallas!

Wow .... where the shit is this from ? I mean, if you hate Blas Perez I can understand it .... but if not, WTF ? FCD plays some of the best team football in the league. Are you just a VAN fan or something ? Yikes.

Just Beeker being Beeker, don't think he's had a positive post since his .. comeback or whatever you wanna call this?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/scorpions/article/Investors-detail-plan-to-buy-Scorpions-with-MLS-5868769.php

Positive vibes from the Japanese group looking to invest in the Scorpions ... clear and intent goal on MLS.

Fire decline options on: Ianni, Fondy, Soumare, Alex, Segares, Jumper. Grant Ward's loan option also declined as was Joya's.

quick panorama of SJ's stadium that is quite literally a copy of a certain generic FIFA 15 stadium: https://t.co/corou0HSqq

2014-15 MLS Offseason Calendar

TBD - MLS Dispersal Draft for Chivas USA

December 7, 2014 - MLS Cup Final

December 8, 2014 – Half-day Trade Window: Open 9 am ET - 1 pm ET. Teams may trade during that window or may re-sign their own players. Blackout period starts at 1 pm ET, runs through the MLS Expansion Draft.

December 10, 2014 - MLS Expansion Draft

December 10, 2014 - Trade Window opens at the end of Expansion Draft; closes on December 11, 2014, at 5 pm ET

December 10, 2014 – MLS Waiver Draft

December 12, 2014 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase One

December 12, 2014 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase One; closes on December 17, 2014, at 11 am ET

December 18, 2014 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase Two

December 18, 2014 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase Two

January 2-5, 2015 - MLS Caribbean Combine

January 9-13, 2015 - MLS Combine

January 15, 2015 - MLS SuperDraft