The Chivas USA Farewell Tour Thread (2014 MLS Thread)

GoGo Yubari

TFC reportedly looking into Gerrard or Sneijder as targets. Soooo Defoe out then ? I mean, Bradley - Gilberto - Defoe + one or more of those two = bad maths for MLS roster rules. Defoe has been reported every which way from Sunday as being out in January.

Major Philly announcement is naming Jim Curtain as the HC permanently. Good, he deserves the shot.

Laba permanently in Vancouver now ... TFC got whatever "future considerations" they were after.

I just want to point out that Lee Nguyen had 18 goals this season. I mean I knew he'd been on fire this season but I didn't realize he'd slotted that many home.

Also, Diego Valeri is the only true/out right midfielder in the top 5 in assists (Donovan, Henry, Keane, Martins) ... that just seems weird to me.

Biggest move an MLS club can make this off-season might be for a new GM. Garth Lagerway is out of contract on DEC 31.

Chivas USA Dispersal Draft order:

1. FC Dallas
  2. New York City FC
  3. Sporting Kansas City
  4. DC United
  5. New England Revolution
  6. Montreal Impact
  7. Orlando City SC
  8. Colorado Rapids
  9. San Jose Earthquakes
  10. Real Salt Lake
  11. Houston Dynamo
  12. Portland Timbers
  13. Chicago Fire
  14. Toronto FC
  15. Columbus Crew SC
  16. LA Galaxy
  17. Philadelphia Union
  18. New York Red Bulls
  19. Seattle Sounders FC
  20. Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Cubo's exempt from this draft because he's a valuable enough name to MLS that they'll pretty much be willing to let him go to a team of his choosing.

In other words, probably the Galaxy or one of the New York teams.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/11/19/expected-goalkeeper-dan-kennedy-goes-first-chivas-usa-dispersal-draft

Results of the CHV dispersal draft ^ .... FCD took Kennedy (WHAT ???? no way) and the other 6 players taken were all young guys. DC took MULLETcManara !!!! On 2nd take it does make more sense to try and grab Coker/Minda/Borja/Chavez in the re-entry or waiver draft as then the club could negotiate salary.

FCD now have 3 starting keepers and some good trade bait.

So POR, CLB, and TFC are all apparently interested in Essien (and he's got ties to TFC).

Jaime Castrillón has landed in Jacksonville with the Armada of the NASL (showed pretty well for COL, interesting).

I guess that would allow Michael Bradley to be played more as a CAM. He played a lot as a CDM this season.