The Capital One Cup thread 2014/15

Lineker

Spurs should have known this was coming and strategically got themselves knocked out of all other relevant cups when they had the chance. You know, like we totally on purpose shipped four goals to Bradford to give us a rest before our PSG trip. :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh in that sentence I'm already a bigger fan of Vega than I was when he actually played for us.

I can see us losing this, maybe 3-1. I reckon, as with both games so far this season, we'll look all good for 15 minutes, then Chelsea will score with their first real attack.

At that point if they score another it'd be all over. 2-0. then maybe back to 2-1 mid way through second half and then sucker punched on the break as we chase an equaliser.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us sweeping them aside like the last game.

Still, Chelsea is one of the games, however well we do, that Spurs players always get up for over the last decade or so. It's generally a bigger game for us than it is for Chelsea which often helps. However with this being a cup final and with half our team playing in Italy on Thursday....Meh, even with our superior fitness over pretty much every team in the Premier League these days, I can't see us winning.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong though. It'd make my year if we won it again, that's for sure.

You mean you don't want to spend ten pound on a sausage roll then an extra 6 quid for an awful warm pint?!?!!

Depends on the pre game entertainment it might drive you to drink. I've still not forgiven the FA for having a mini Hard Fi concert when we played you in the fa cup final.

• Like 2

I remember going to watch England at the old Wembley as a kid. To this day I find it bizarre that we were allowed to take in bottles of fizzy drink, as long as we took the tops off and handed them over at the turnstiles.

Walking around Wembley with two open Panda Pops is asking for a mess to be made.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind
  • Like 1