The Capital One Cup thread 2014/15

Lineker

That's what I was saying to the missus and random Essex guy who was a Liverpool fan at the bar. Despite us having so many attempts and playing well, Chelsea always have that quality in them to make something out of nothing. We had some good chances that forced some good saves, but a fair few were routine saves, plus there was the usual hit and hope from long range shots that would go hopelessly wide.

Still I'm happy with the performance, we've played well over the last few games but it's going to be a tough game next week and it'll take something special. I don't think we'll get smashed at the Bridge it'll be another tight game but we've got the chasing to do and that'll probably be our downfall.

Edited by DavidMarrio

Been pretty crap this match. Tottenham should take Adebayor off, move Kane up top and bring on Lennon or Dembele.

Best chances have both fallen to Dier so Tottenham should be looking to exploit set pieces and crosses into the box.

• Like 1

I really do hate the away goals system in the Carling Cup, I think it's very sitting on the fence. Either play them or don't, it's silly to have a team go through 90mins and 120mins to get knocked out on away goals with no goals being scored in extra time.

• Admin
Jose Mourinho is not taking any chances after Chelsea's embarrassing FA Cup exit at the hands of Bradford. The Blues boss has wheeled out his big guns, with Mourinho making nine changes in total to the side that started at the weekend. Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, captain John Terry, midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Eden Hazard, as well as striker Diego Costa, are among those returning. Five changes for Liverpool, with Steven Gerrard back in the side after the goalless FA Cup fourth round draw with Bolton. Defenders Martin Skrtel and Alberto Moreno, and midfielder Lucas Leiva and Lazar Markovic, all start. Forward Mario Balotelli is back on the bench after being left out at the weekend.