The FA Cup 2014/15 thread

Lineker

Cambridge away! That'll do.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Chelsea got a home draw. They're never away.

(I don't actually know how often they're away, but they seem home far more than not in the FA Cup. I might be completely wrong. :shifty:)

Out of those ties, I'd like to see our game (obviously) and AFC Bournemouth v Villa televised. Potential upset there, if they have a better go at it than they did against Liverpool in the CoC.

Had a look. Discounting Wembley games and replays, it mostly evens out (of the years I was bothered to go back, it was split 11 v 11 prior to tonight's draw).

Of course this doesn't negate the massively easy teams we got sometimes, especially 08/09 and 09/10. :shifty:

2014/15: Home x 1 (Watford)

2013/14: Home x 1 (Stoke), Away x 2 (Derby, Man City)

2012/13: Home x 0, Away x 4 (Southampton, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Man Utd)

2011/12: Home x 3 (Portsmouth, Birmingham, Leicester), Away x 1 (QPR)

2010/11: Home x 1 (Ipswich), Away x 1 (Everton)

2009/10: Home x 3 (Watford, Cardiff, Stoke), Away x 1 (Preston)

2008/09: Home x 2 (Southend, Ipswich), Away x 2 (Watford, Coventry)

Chelsea Milwall? The met will be busy, crikey.

It's been 20 years since we last played them. They'll no doubt feel they have to mark the occasion by stabbing 20 people on the Fulham Road.

I feel sorry for Vorm. Excellent keeper but its impossible to drop Lloris.

First 6-12 months at Swansea he looked great. But, from then on and especially in his last 3/4 months at Swansea, his form really dipped and he didn't look like he gave a shit most of the time.

I don't feel sorry for him either. He could have stayed at Swansea and still probably played most weeks but no, he went to Spurs where he was never going to play if Lloris was fit. I really don't understand it. Same with Reina at Bayern. Why not go somewhere and play? You're not going to take the place of the best goalkeeper in the world, ffs.

• Like 1

Cambridge away! That'll do.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Chelsea got a home draw. They're never away.

(I don't actually know how often they're away, but they seem home far more than not in the FA Cup. I might be completely wrong. :shifty:)

Out of those ties, I'd like to see our game (obviously) and AFC Bournemouth v Villa televised. Potential upset there, if they have a better go at it than they did against Liverpool in the CoC.

Had a look. Discounting Wembley games and replays, it mostly evens out (of the years I was bothered to go back, it was split 11 v 11 prior to tonight's draw).

Of course this doesn't negate the massively easy teams we got sometimes, especially 08/09 and 09/10. :shifty:

2014/15: Home x 1 (Watford)

2013/14: Home x 1 (Stoke), Away x 2 (Derby, Man City)

2012/13: Home x 0, Away x 4 (Southampton, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Man Utd)

2011/12: Home x 3 (Portsmouth, Birmingham, Leicester), Away x 1 (QPR)

2010/11: Home x 1 (Ipswich), Away x 1 (Everton)

2009/10: Home x 3 (Watford, Cardiff, Stoke), Away x 1 (Preston)

2008/09: Home x 2 (Southend, Ipswich), Away x 2 (Watford, Coventry)

Chelsea Milwall? The met will be busy, crikey.

It's been 20 years since we last played them. They'll no doubt feel they have to mark the occasion by stabbing 20 people on the Fulham Road.

As is tradition