The Thread That's on Indefinite Loan to Manchester City (The 2015 Major League Soccer Thread)

HailtotheYo

In "things I don't want to talk about because i don't want to screw them up" ..... first leg of the CCL semis are done and HOLY SHIT ! MTL won 2-0 over Alajualense ... and Herediano beat Club America 3-0. Both home clubs won and didn't give up an away goal !

.... I mean this is ... holy crap.

I await the day that a US league has promotion and relegation.

LOL .... I'm sorry, but this is just a pipe dream. There are simply WAAAAAAAYYYY to many things involved for this. Mostly, it represents a solution to a problem we don't have. Aside from that, it is a system that doesn't take into account our current system and infrastructure (do to the nature of not having the issue that it is a solution too = too many viable top division clubs/markets). I'm not laughing at you or eye rolling in response ... I've just had this conversation way too many times with people (not saying you) that simply do not understand the business and sporting culture here. I LOVE the concept, but it simply isn't a reality here now, in the relevant future, and possibly ever.

Also on the MLS expansion front, the group that Hartman hired looking for investment for the Scorpions, is Citigroup and they're actually looking for buyers:

Ian Thomas @byIanThomas Follow

Citigroup has already received 1st rd bids for Scorpions, with expected value of mid-to-high 8 figures.

• Like 1

Promotion and relegation would ruin the wackiness of the MLS and just make it a shitty version of a European pyramid league structure.

I like the fact the way it's basically association football with an NFL structure. Take that away and it's boring!

Seattle waives Kenny Cooper ..... wow. I just don't get it. The man can play and is a proven scorer in this league. In Seattle he just doesn't fit and I'm really not sure why they signed him as he doesn't fit their style of play at all (illustrated a few years ago by Portland). He was set to be traded to Montreal but there's rumblings that he didn't want to go so the deal would have collapsed.

COME BACK HOME TO TEXAS !!!!! The Scorpions would love to have you up top :)

Holy crap what a finish to SKC v PHI (sorry Szumi)

CHI found some offense

... and uh, woah, POR looked good against FCD.

Also, Orlando is apparently sending inquiries about Chicharito !

Also, this tidbit about the Scorpions and the potential sale: http://www.examiner.com/article/scorpions-sale-getting-close

MONTREAL IS GOING TO THE FINAL !!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... and holy crap what a crazy match to watch. Screw the Costa Rican fans though ... absolute shit. Tossing crap on the field, racial stuff (like monkey chants towards Oduro), and all around just thug/crap behavior. The red didn't do either side any favors as well.

Luis Fabianio to Orlando rumors popping up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For size:

Third%20Kit%20Graphic.jpg

Actually looks pretty sweet.

TONIGHT IS THE CCL FINAL LEG !!!!!!!!!! 1-1 and Montreal will be in sold out Olympic Stadium ! GET IT DONE YOU FREAKING CANOODIANS ! EH !

Really though it'd be freaking awesome if last year's last place team and a currently having won 4 of their last 47 matches club won this thing over one of the biggest (if not the biggest) club in North America. MLS4MTL !