The Thread That's on Indefinite Loan to Manchester City (The 2015 Major League Soccer Thread)

HailtotheYo

Oba didn't have a weaker foot...

That said he was horribly inconsistent, but less so than Cisse so I'd have him back if he wasn't in his 40s.

He was very much left footed but fancied himself as two-footed. Which is worse than being completely one sided.

I'd rather Cisse, he's inconsistent but he's a better striker than Martins ever was. Less prone to a worldy but still more complete a player.

Who would you rather have as your big name DP? David Villa or Kaka?

Both are players that have been all-world at previous points in their careers. I'm not as informed when it comes to football, so I'm interested to know what people think.

EDIT - I think Diskerud and Lampard could be dynamite together.

Edited by Toe

I'd rather have David Villa in the MLS. He still seems to have the legs and he'll score goals for fun if he gets the service from Lampard and Diskerud.

It's six of one really, Kaka ought to be amazing there too.

I'd take Kaka simply because a dynamic playmaker/football intelligent guy like he is simply can't be found anywhere like a guy that has the ability to turn and shoot. Kaka will make the ST of Orlando better. He'll make the midfielders better. The opening match exemplified it. He set up directly, or started the plays that got Rivas several chances. He opened up Molino and got him up to "1st division" speed and allowed Ramos and Shea's overlapping to be effective.

A guy like Villa doesn't bring up the level of your team in the same way that Kaka does. Over half the match Villa was invisible. He didn't do much to help anyone out. Mix was 100 times more impactful (even without the goal) than Villa was.