The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

I answer the phone to certain friends with "Ahoy-hoy", I'm not even sure they all know what I'm talking about. I once answered to my grandma in the same way, she couldn't have been more confused.

I've also definitely used the phrase "My eye, I'm not supposed to get _____ in it" before.

There was also a brief period at college with my mates where after someone said something really long and boring, someone would say "My cat's name is Mittens".

Any time Lord Palmerston or Pitt The Elder is mentioned, usually on a quiz show or something, I'll say the other one. I think my mum has caught onto this because on Pointless/The Chase, she answers pretty much any Prime Minister question with Pitt The Elder.

I'm struggling to think of any more but I know that I quote The Simpsons far too often. And when I'm with my best mate we will just start filling silences with Simpsons quotes.

Hark the tale of Nelson, and the boy he loves so dear, they remain the best of friends for years and years and years!

Yeah, I'm still eternally quoting Simpsons and try my best to work in lesser known references on here. Especially after Sousa's little tirade.

But especially Bart.

Pretty sure I use "You had your chance...wha-glaven!" any time someone says they regret not doing something.

I also throw around "ya used me Skinner...ya used me!" a bunch.

Hark the tale of Nelson, and the boy he loves so dear, they remain the best of friends for years and years and years!

I've actually lost count of the number of pub quizzes we've done as Team Discovery Channel.

I've actually lost count of the number of pub quizzes we've done as Team Discovery Channel.

Oh yeah, last summer me and my mate used a different Simpsons quote every week: "Bonjourrrr ya cheese eating surrender monkeys", "Moon pie, what a time to be alive", "Me fail English, that's unpossible", "Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers" were all used.

I answer the phone to certain friends with "Ahoy-hoy", I'm not even sure they all know what I'm talking about. I once answered to my grandma in the same way, she couldn't have been more confused.

Good god this. I always answer the phone with ahoy-hoy.

Ich auch.

(This book must be out of date. I don't see Prussia, Siam or autogyro.)

Yeah, I use "ahoy hoy" an awful lot.

And, madly, I'd forgotten to mention that I also run the Facebook page for Lord Palmerston, so get daily e-mail updates that someone "Likes" Lord Palmerston.

Any time someone asks me if something's safe my usual reply is "Well, it ain't gettin' any safer."

Ha, and there's another one that got me. God that's a good episode. I need to start using that one a little more often.

I don't know if I'm ashamed or not that I've used "SPRING FORTH BURLY PROTECTOR, AND SAAAAAAAAVE ME!"

I would use it constantly while running for cover behind Kaney on XBL games.

Also I've used...and keep threatening to use the line "If I could just say a few words.....I'd be a better public speaker" whenever I need to give a speech.

I used that when I was best man at my sister's wedding. Went down a storm.

When I first saw the episode I really really laughed at that - just me and Bart.

• Like 1

Oh god, Simpson quotes have become part of my everyday speech. Soo many references.

I answer the phone to "Ahoy-hoy" all the time and pretty much consistently answer with a whiny "YYYEEEEEESSSSSS?" whenever someone calls my name. "The blurst of times" comes up a lot with my friends and when someone stumbles over a word or can't spell something, someone is bound to say "Do-deca-hee-dron".

"Shut Up. That's why" from the The Truman Show gag is used as a retort.

I'm pretty sure I used to sing Nelson's "Joy to the World, the teacher's dead" song all the time as a kid.

"Awww...He thinks he's people" is used for everything pet related as well.

Man, now I want to watch Simpson episodes.

EDIT: Also, "Ze Goggles! Zey do nothing!" is the best of quotes.