UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

I knew Villareal would find it tough at Anfield. You could tell from the start they were nervous. Then they got frustrated. 

The occasion got into their minds. Liverpool got into their faces. Firimno is magical when he wants to be.  Emre Can looked like he'd never been out. Cutaways to an angry, snarling Jurgen Klopp are the greatest things in the world.

• Like 2

I haven't seen a team get rattled so early on like that in a long time. Their head went and tbh it just felt like a matter of time we'd score the first and then the 2nd.

Can was superb and Lallana deserved the goal he got. Made up for Sturridge. 

Brilliant evening, crowd was great and it's off to another European final we go!!!

Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right :D

Just now, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

I haven't seen a team get rattled so early on like that in a long time. Their head went and tbh it just felt like a matter of time we'd score the first and then the 2nd.

It reminded me a lot of Juventus in '05. You could sense they just were not up for it.

I kept thinking throughout the match about that Klopp quote drag them down to our level and kill them”. That quote was about playing against better teams and Villareal weren't a better team - but they weren't an easy side to play against. Liverpool didn't really let them play.

I kept thinking back to Palace in 13/14 too. Brendan Rodgers' teams were not this patient. If they needed goals they went hell for leather to get them. This Liverpool side, tonight, wore Villareal out because they knew they could get the result. This team has come a long way since Klopp came in and you can really see it in games like this.

Just now, Freelance Hobo said:

It reminded me a lot of Juventus in '05. You could sense they just were not up for it.

I kept thinking throughout the match about that Klopp quote drag them down to our level and kill them”. That quote was about playing against better teams and Villareal weren't a better team - but they weren't an easy side to play against. Liverpool didn't really let them play.

I kept thinking back to Palace in 13/14 too. Brendan Rodgers' teams were not this patient. If they needed goals they went hell for leather to get them. This Liverpool side, tonight, wore Villareal out because they knew they could get the result. This team has come a long way since Klopp came in and you can really see it in games like this.

It's weird I never felt worried at all about getting a 2nd or 3rd goal. Against Dortmund it was a whole different story but it was clear one team wanted it a hell of a lot more than the other. 

Tactically we were spot on and the players kept calm and didn't try to force anything or panic. 

Proud of the team tonight

• Like 1

• Admin

After all the Hillsborough stuff recently it would actually be quite nice if Liverpool went and won the tournament. Not to mention it would make a nice change to see Sevilla not winning it. 

That said, it would of course still be hilarious if they lost <_<.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Liverpool have only been given 10,000 tickets :facepalm: 

Yeah, it came out a few weeks ago that less than half the stadium was allocated for BOTH sets of fans. Think it's something like 53% of seats are going to corporate, sponsors, etc. Absolute travesty.

The fact the Europa League Final venue can have a minimum capacity of 35,000 is mad too. If they're going to give so many corporate and sponsorship tickets why not have it a much larger stadium?

Still an absolute joke to pick such a small stadium and then give such crap allocations. 

I hate the whole corporate seating taking up over half the stadium and neutral seating arrangements