UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

TIL that Ireland has several stadiums that are larger than the largest stadiums in Switzerland.

Although most of them are only available to Gaelic Games. :shifty:

1 hour ago, Freelance Hobo said:

TIL that Ireland has several stadiums that are larger than the largest stadiums in Switzerland.

Although most of them are only available to Gaelic Games. :shifty:

Croke Park? And its only got 3 proper stands! Its got about the same capacity as Old Trafford, I think. I've always wanted to see a game there.

36 minutes ago, MDK said:

Croke Park? And its only got 3 proper stands! Its got about the same capacity as Old Trafford, I think. I've always wanted to see a game there.

Croke Park is the third biggest stadium in Europe! It's three covered stands and a terrace. I was there, once, but prior to the redevelopment.

The list is:

Croke Park (83,000)

Semple Stadium (53,300)

Aviva Stadium (51,700)

Gaelic Grounds (49, 866)

Páirc Uí Chaoimh (45,000)

Fitzgerald Stadium (43, 180)

McHale Park (42, 000)

The club are planning to screen it somewhere in town. Me and my mate are planning to watch it in town and have booked Thursday off work so we'll either be getting celebratory pissed or commiserations pissed.  

I felt sorry for Klopp on Sunday. A club lawyer or someone high up told him to near enough apologise for saying a 100,000 people should go to Basel  :lol:

If I didn't have two holidays booked in September and it wasn't in such a small stadium thus making tickets hard to get despite having been every European home game I would have went. Ahhh well. 

It's finally here!!!!

I keep ranging between really excited and nervous. Massive game tonight that could be used as a starting platform for this squad. Despite inconsistencies in the league and plagued with injuries throughout the season we've reached two finals. 

I think we'll just about edge it tonight. Come on Liverpool!!!!

• Like 1

My Liverpool-supporting friend has been an utter prat and unwittingly booked theatre tickets for him and his wife this evening. He has decided that he'll still go and watch the recorded match later (not something I'd manage if I were him).

I must resist the urge to send him phony updates throughout the match...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

My Liverpool-supporting friend has been an utter prat and unwittingly booked theatre tickets for him and his wife this evening. He has decided that he'll still go and watch the recorded match later (not something I'd manage if I were him).

I must resist the urge to send him phony updates throughout the match...

Guess who booked a holiday on Saturday 21st May thinking "meh, season is over. I won't miss a game." :(

Luckily, our flight gets in at 5.10pm Spanish time. The FA Cup final kicks off at 6.30pm Spanish time. As long as we're delay free and through baggage claim, I should be fine. I'll have my phone on me. :shifty:

Very stop start so far. Bit nervy from both teams. 

Refs a shit house. Where's the pen for the handball?!?!!!