UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

Such a poor second half from Liverpool. Switched off and allowed them back in it.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Those decisions haven't affected the game though really have they? I can't even recall one that I noticed where it wasn't a foul anyway. It's too easy to blame officials, Liverpool simply have not been anywhere near good enough since half time.

I've said we've been poor this second half and I've not said once we'd be winning this if the ref wasn't shit. That's changing what I've said. 

I called the ref shit.  We've been woeful we deserve to lose this. 

To go from a comfortable first half to this is annoying.  We switched off for a minute they got back into it and built on it. We didn't build on our lead. 

We've got to two finals yes but this is the story of our season. We are consistently inconsistent. The squad has potential but work needs doing. But I believe we've got the perfect man for the job. 

To get to a Europa League final from the position that Liverpool were in when Klopp took over is amazing.

Terrible second half performance but, y'know something? I think Liverpool have more positives to take out of this season than quite a lot of English teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Unless we've got four Europa places, then they aren't in Europe at all.

So despite getting to the final of two competitions they aren't in Europe?

And Klopp only moved them up 2 places from where Rogers left them after 30 league games in charge?

Ouch.

7 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I've said we've been poor this second half and I've not said once we'd be winning this if the ref wasn't shit. That's changing what I've said.

Fair enough mate, but I haven't changed anything you said. I never claimed you'd said anything, merely responded to you criticising the referee when I don't think he has been.

Onto next season.

1 minute ago, WE'VE GOT AMOND! said:

And Klopp only moved them up 2 places from where Rogers left them after 30 league games in charge?

Ouch.

He did have to deal with coming into a new league, without a pre-season, a tonne of games and everyone getting injured.

Honestly, even he'd won either of those cup finals he'd have been a miracle worker. A lot done. A lot more to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WE'VE GOT AMOND! said:

Ouch.

Bit hard to work wonders with a squad you had no say on several months into a season. 

Under Rodgers we would not have gotten as far as we have in competitions or won some of the games we have. We were dreadful start of the season. 

Yet... we finished 6 points behind fourth despite being 8th. Some people on here seem to really love to hate us and are easy to pick out negatives but the team has improved over the season and as I said 6 points behind 4th with our defence and goalkeeper that has shipped plenty of goals and with the large list of injuries we've had this season. 

I've got another memory of getting to a European final. I've got the memories of beating the mancs in Europe and somehow beating Dortmund at Anfield to go along with all my other memories of all the other cup finals, trophy wins and memorable games. You take the good with the bad and fortunately I've seen plenty of good. 

Ah well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

All jokes aside, it would have been nice to see Liverpool do it tonight, in this year of all years. Impressive of Sevilla to win this three years on the trot now but it is a bit boring. 

Hey, maybe Tottenham will win it next season.

• Like 1