UEFA Europa League 2021/22

Lineker

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Lol, Slippy G.

This joke would be much funnier if Gerrard hadn't left Rangers, I promise.

doesn't stop people from making it during Liverpool games despite the fact he's not played for Liverpool for 7 years!

my favorite rebuttle to it came from a tweet that was made back when Gerrard was in the MLS that was something like "he's in Los Angeles, lads. He can't hear you"

For what it's worth (as indicated by an earlier post) I do refer to players falling down and allowing an easy goal as The Gerrard Slip. However Slippy G banter is rather silly since he doesn't play for Liverpool anymore AND they've had a ton of success since the slip. It's not like that was their lone shot at glory.

No, sorry, Slippy G will always be funny. Especially as he never won the Premier League title in the end.

It'll still be funny in 10 years time unless he manages them to the title. Just as I am sure fans will still laugh at Pickford and call him "T-rex arms" for that awful Origi goal the other year, even though he has been excellent since and nearly won England the Euros.

Jordan Pickford only having "little arms" was totally a thing before the Origi goal IIRC

I think that makes sense as a joke because Pickford is still an active player. 

It's funny when you hear it chanted at Liverpool teams now.  The only person currently playing for Liverpool who was even involved in that game is Mo Salah. Who was playing for Chelsea.