UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

To add to this when it comes to all his quotes, particularly the "Heavy metal football" thing he said about his Dortmund team that have been bandied about since he came to Liverpool he said.

“The problem with my life is I have said too many shit words in the past! And no one forgets it,”

I haven't enjoyed a Liverpool manager's press interaction since early in the second reign of Kenny Dalglish.

And I love Poch's lack of interaction with the press after Redknapp and Sherwood. It's refreshing to have someone who doesn't say anything and just quietly gets on with his job. :P Klopp's press interactions are great, doesn't come across as a prick like most of the top club's managers do. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Mauricio Pochettino has taken a strong 21-man Tottenham Hotspur squad on the long journey to Baku for Thursday’s Europa League tie against Qarabag, omitting only three first-team players through choice – Kyle Walker, Danny Rose and Mousa Dembélé. Spurs are also without the injured Nacer Chadli, Nabil Bentaleb, Érik Lamela and Alex Pritchard.

A feature of Pochettino’s squad is the presence of nine Academy products. The 17-year-old defender, Cameron Carter-Vickers, and the 18-year-old forward, Shayon Harrison, are included in a senior travelling squad for the first time and they join Josh Onomah, Harry Winks and Luke McGee, together with the more established quartet of Harry Kane, Ryan Mason, Andros Townsend and Tom Carroll.

• Admin

Qarabag: Sehic, Medvedev, Guseynov, Sadygov, Agolli, Garayev, Quintana, Almeida, Tagiyev, Poepon, Ismayilov. Subs: Veliyev, Michel, Mammadov, Gurbanov, Yunuszadze, Chumbinho, Armenteros. 
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Mason, Alli, Eriksen, Son, Kane. Subs: Vorm, N'Jie, Townsend, Onomah, Wimmer, Carroll, Winks. 

A little surprised to see Kane and both Tobes and Vertonghen starting, but a win will see us through with a game to spare!

Sturridge has been sent for a scan on his foot and is out of tonight's game.

Why must Studge be so borked. :(

The LFC team is: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke

There is a lot of conjecture around Sturridge that a major part of his problem is mental. If he has the slightest knock he doesn't want to play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TLHobo said:

There is a lot of conjecture around Sturridge that a major part of his problem is mental. If he has the slightest knock he doesn't want to play.

I'd agree with that. I think a bit of a knock and he doesn't wanna risk it even if it isn't necessarily a serious problem. 

Tbh I don't think he would have played today anyway. It's getting annoying  how often he's getting injured and not playing. It's surely gotta reach a point in which we must consider our options despite how talented he is. No point having someone who is hardly gonna play on high wages. 

That ref is quite possibly the worst ref I have ever seen. Absolute tit. 

Played alright I thought. Bit sloppy every now and then but we got the win. Thought Lucas was outstanding today. 

• 2 weeks later...

Onomah's been fantastic, such a talent. N'Jie's been great as well today, should've put that one away. Yeah, Bentaleb's gonna struggle to get back in the side, but it's a tough one to come on for Dier, as they're not similar at all. Impressive display so far, but we've taken out foot off the pedal a bit. Only concern is that Son hasn't been close to his best.