UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Lineker

HOLY SHIT WE HAVE THE SAME LINEUP PLAYING THAT IS ACTUALLY A GOOD LINE UP!!!

Expecting a tough game tonight, I don't really know much about Augsburg but I'm looking forward to the match. 

Like I get that we're missing De Gea at short notice, and that we've brought the U12s along for this game due to other injuries, but... still we should be doing better than this.

Still don't think Jose would be doing any better, but I really hope the club are looking at options in the summer.

It depends. If they are looking at replacing him then they'd have already spoken to who they want (for the moment let's assume it's Jose) and he might have told them he doesn't want to take over until the Summer, so do you sack Van Gaal and risk the caretaker (almost certainly Giggs) being unable to turn the rut around, which would taint someone it seems like you're grooming to be manager somewhere down the line? In that situation it's probably best to keep Van Gaal. I don't think there's anyone out there like Hiddink who'd come in for a few months, so that limits your options.

He might have some sort of clause in his contract that reduces compensation if they fail to qualify for the Champions League as well. They could just be waiting until it's mathematically impossible to get 4th and they're out of the Europa to get rid of him to save some money.

Edited by therockbox
  • Like 1

Get Jose in now, give him time to get deals done for the summer. This is appalling, the only reason we had to use youngsters was because Van Gaal sold all the squad players and didn't replace them. If we keep with him we'll be out of this cup, out of the FA Cup and drift towards 10th. We're only 5th by 1 point with teams in far better shape below us. 

If it's at all possible to get Jose in now they should do it but, as rockbox says above, there's no guarantee that's an option. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I think if it's possible to replace him now, it might just happen after tonight. I know we had a lot of injuries but that's no real excuse.

Put it this way. If he's not gone after tonight's display, he's staying until the end of the season.

Edit - Also, everyone should totally look up Romero's save. Unreal.

I don't see how Mourinho is the answer. If you want attacking exciting football you ain't getting that with Jose. You may be tactically better but entertainment wise more than likely you won't