Formula One 2016

JasonM

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

You say that - watch Maldonado come crashing back <_<.

Meanwhile, teams and Bernie Ecclestone have agreed in principle to introduce standing starts after safety car periods from 2017 onwards.

The standing restart is utterly wank, and is gonna fail so royally hard when at every restart engines start flaming out, and people hit each other in the first corner forcing more safety car periods.

Also, kinda would love to see Maldonado back on a track right now, with Vettel losing his nuts every time Verstappen overtakes him, I can only imagine how he reacts when he sees Maldo in his mirrors.

So with a few hours to go until the title deciding race starts... Here is the 'easiest' to understand spreadsheet I have found to understand how both drivers need to finish to walk away as the WDC.

d8d5e308f28d0f8870dbcc3d83f6cc8b.png

TL;DR, if Rosberg is on the podium he's got it in the bag. But as seen two years ago, Rosberg was on the brink of becoming champion in this same race when his car got engine trouble, scuppering all his chances in the finale of the season.

I personally hope that Rosberg can just get the win for finality sake, because people are already going 'Yeah, but Rosberg totes hasn't deserved this title', and I just want Rosberg to have his win because he's deserved it.

14 minutes ago, MDK said:

Gutted for him. At least he is taking it on the chin, he doesn't seem too upset about it.

JB is just such a great guy, always has been. Deserved more than to go out like this, I really hope he stays active in motorsport because he deserves all the success.

On the racing front, Max Verstappen is somehow stringing along those supersofts like it is nothing, so he might drive himself back into the race by driving one less stop.

EDIT: And there goes Kvyat out of the race, a bad end for a bad season for the bloke. At this pace nobody will reach the checquered flag.

EDIT2: Nico finally gets past, Max puts on the softs and is on for a one-stop... What a mad lad.

Edited by Jasonmufc

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Lewis backing up his own teammate is kinda scummy.

He's trying to win the championship. It isn't scummy in the slightest. Paddy Lowe sending team instructions is scummy.

• Like 1