The January Transfer Window - 2016

Lineker

• Admin

Newcastle have agreed a £12m deal for Jonjo Shelvey. And Andros Townsend has identified Newcastle as his preferred destination.

Liverpool have approached QPR about taking over Steven Caulker's loan until the end of the season. 

Edited by Lineker
Autocorrect

The Caulker loan could be done very soon. Liverpool are in a hurry to get a fit centre back.

He could be training with the squad this afternoon.

Caulker has gone too far backwards in recent years, surely Liverpool can find a better defender?

Mixed on Shelvey. He's absolutely unplayable at times and has youth on his side but his mentality stops him from becoming one of the best central midfielders in the league. Cork and Ki have formed a good partnership in the centre, and that seems to have taken his heart out of the game. I suppose he was to go with his confrontation with fans at Oxford and rumours of him butting Gylfi in training. On the other hand, money for a striker that can score!.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Caulker has gone too far backwards in recent years, surely Liverpool can find a better defender?

Neven Subotic and Joel Matip are, reportedly, targets for the club but getting either in right now seems unlikely.

It seems either loan Caulker or have to play Enrique at centre back are the best options. This kinda reminds me of when Liverpool loaned Paul Jones as goalkeeping cover.

46 minutes ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

Matip is very possible if Schalke can't agree a new contract with him. He's up in the summer and has already rejected one offer from them.

Rumour has it that we've got a pre-contract agreement with him ready to go anyway. Caulker is a stopgap, I'd assume.

On that note, done deal.

11 minutes ago, Its_Cymbols said:

180 is mine, plus an invaluable knowledge of Jonathan Walters: journeyman.

All because of Denis Irwin  (thought it may have been Lee Sharpe)