Euro 2016

Lineker

All we did that game was pass sidewards, switch the play, get in a crossing position and either hit it too hard or hit it too near the keeper. 

I don't think Henderson should have went the tournament.  Been injured most of the second half of the season and is clearly lacking match fitness. He was crap today but then again several players were such as Wilshere.  I'd rather Milner have played if he was going to insist on making changes. 

Skrtel was fantastic today...shame he was crap this season for us. 

Roy said no less than three times post match that we dominated the game...awesome mate, so glad we dominated Slovakia in a 0-0 draw. He also said "you can't do more than that". How about some goals son.

Joe Hart reckons no one will want to play us...yeah, alright then.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MDK said:

Some things are hurtful :(

What happened last time Scotland were in the Euros?

Don't try bullying me just cos your team spursed it :P

I was as frustrated as anyone with last night's performance, but the papers this morning are hilarious in their negativity.

Yes we shouldn't be making 6 changes, and the players who came in were mostly poor, but we're still in the next round and likely facing one of the weaker sides. Everyone seems to be freaking out about playing France in the quarters. They've not exactly lit up the tournament themselves and did we really imagine we'd get beyond the quarters without having to beat anyone of note?

I'm freaking out over playing France in the quarters as it'll ruin my france/germany/spain/England to teach the semis bet

Plus they ruined my top of the group bet <_<

If you think last night's performance was negative, you should have seen the tournament my team were in on Sunday, massive pitches, tiny goals. There were that many 0-0 draws that a team finished 4th in a six team group without scoring a goal in whole tournament.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that if Northern Ireland get a draw tonight they will definitely be through? Since their goal difference is better than Slovakia's and they have more points than Albania in the event of them coming third with a draw.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Am I right in thinking that if Northern Ireland get a draw tonight they will definitely be through? Since their goal difference is better than Slovakia's and they have more points than Albania in the event of them coming third with a draw.

The 3rd-place tie is between Groups A/C/D, not A/B/C, so Slovakia is involved in a different tie. Regarding Group D, if Czech Republic beat Turkey by a sufficient margin they could have better GD than Northern Ireland.