Euro 2016

Lineker

Wales are likely to face Belgium in the quarters now, a team they have beaten in the last year. Can you imagine a Croatia v Wales semi-final at this tournament!?

Meanwhile Italy have to go through Spain and Germany just to get to the same stage...

I think it is conceivable that if we win tomorrow, and we win the group, we beat Belgium... Of course there are a lot of ifs in there, but I don't think it is out of question. Could you imagine if after our first two games, and how the press has been thrashing Ronaldo, we got to the semi-finals? Or the final?:wub:

A Portugal draw knocks out Albania. Albania needs Sweden and Ireland to not win(or if Sweden wins, to win by 4 or more :shifty:), Portugal to lose, then any result will be fine in Iceland/Austria. 

Edited by Pizza

It's dependent on the groups that advance a third place team. I posted a table a few posts up(on mobile or I'd post it again). At this point, if Turkey makes it, Wales will play them. If they don't,  Wales will play North Ireland. All the situations where they wold play Albania have been ruled out, even if Albania does advance.

Third teams qualify
from groups:
France (1A)
plays vs:
Wales (1B)
plays vs:
Germany (1C)
plays vs:
Croatia (1D)
plays vs:
A B C D     3C 3D 3A 3B
A B C   E   3C 3A 3B 3E
A B C     F 3C 3A 3B 3F
A B   D E   3D 3A 3B 3E
A B   D   F 3D 3A 3B 3F
A B     E F 3E 3A 3B 3F
A   C D E   3C 3D 3A 3E
A   C D   F 3C 3D 3A 3F
A   C   E F 3C 3A 3F 3E
A     D E F 3D 3A 3F 3E
  B C D E   3C 3D 3B 3E
  B C D   F 3C 3D 3B 3F
  B C   E F 3E 3C 3B 3F
  B   D E F 3E 3D 3B 3F
    C D E F 3C 3D 3F 3E
Edited by Pizza

Apparently Ronaldo has thrown a reporter's microphone into a lake due to being questioned whilst walking with members of the Portuguese team. The despicable question asked to garner this reaction was "are you prepared for the upcoming match?"

He's losing it.

I love how lopsided the knockout phase draw is looking like it's going to be.

One side is potentially Switzerland, Poland, Croatia, Iceland, Wales, Turkey, Portugal and Belgium.

The other is potentially Germany, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, France, N. Ireland, England and Hungary.

I'm going for Croatia/Belgium and Germany/France in the semis, Belgium/Germany in the final.

It's crazy how insecure Ronaldo is. Like, he's arguably the best or second best player in the world and yet everything he does reeks of someone who's trying to prove how good he is, from his mannerisms to the way he acts off-pitch, it's like one long elaborate ploy to make people think he's great, which is weird because people have eyes and can tell that he's great. Basically, he should stop acting like Nicklas Bendtner and be a little less pathetic. 

He's a perfectionist.

On one hand, being a perfectionist is what gives him his drive to suceed, which has manifested itself in him driving himself to put the work in and make the sacrifices needed to become one of the absolute best ever in his chosen field. On the flipside, being a perfectionist also leads him to taking on too much of the workload because he doesn't trust or understand why his team mates aren't as good as he is, which is even more magnified when he's playing for Portugal (national expectation, pride, Portugal aren't as fluid or good as Real Madrid) and exhibiting maladaptive coping strategies when things aren't going his way, such as the petulance he's exhibited in that video and after the Iceland game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Superintendent Chris2K said:

Apparently Ronaldo has thrown a reporter's microphone into a lake due to being questioned whilst walking with members of the Portuguese team. The despicable question asked to garner this reaction was "are you prepared for the upcoming match?"

He's losing it.

8 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

It's crazy how insecure Ronaldo is. Like, he's arguably the best or second best player in the world and yet everything he does reeks of someone who's trying to prove how good he is, from his mannerisms to the way he acts off-pitch, it's like one long elaborate ploy to make people think he's great, which is weird because people have eyes and can tell that he's great. Basically, he should stop acting like Nicklas Bendtner and be a little less pathetic. 

According to the Portuguese of /r/soccer, the guy trying to interview Ronaldo is from a news organisation that has slandered Ronaldo and his family in the past and has even led to court action. I doubt that makes for a diplomatic response when you're approached on a team walk.