Euro 2016

Lineker

56 minutes ago, Slogger said:

Odds of Portugal parking the bus in the net to cling to a draw here? 

Iceland going through and Portugal crashing out would be the most glorious thing one could hope for. 

Man did I get that one wrong, It's almost as if that note Ronaldo was given was just a screenshot of that post >_>

But Iceland scoring at the death pleases me so let's call it a push. 

While it would seem easier to me if we played England in the next round, at least if by any miracle we get our shit straight and beat Croatia we have a very good chance... Being third in that group is just shameful, but at least we are still in the tournament.

Everyone already seemingly has decided this change to our opponent is great news, as if Iceland are some joke. We couldn't break down Slovakia, and Iceland are a better unit than them. Unbeaten, and will play in a way proven to be effective against us.

If we lose, it will be so embarrassingly hilarious. So what if we've avoided playing Ronaldo, Portugal have been pretty ordinary in this tournament so far.

Either opponent - Iceland or Portugal - would've been difficult challenges. The Wales game showed we play our best when we have to chase a game and try to shut down one or two very dangerous players - and facing a Ronaldo on the form he was today would be just as difficult as breaking down an unadventurous Iceland. Iceland will be incredibly disciplined and if we make mistakes - as we've been want to do thus far - they'll very likely punish us.

We can't go into the game thinking 'oh its just Iceland'.

31 minutes ago, Baddar said:

BBC said that but the graphic still displayed two potential groups. I no understand. 

Have Wales' opponents been confirmed yet? I know that was looking like being NI but Turkey were an option. 

If Turkey holds on, it's them, and North Ireland will play France. If Sweden or Ireland can win and knock Turkey out, France will play the 3rd place team in that group, and Wales play NI.

@Lineker I am here to pick faults in your article on England playing Iceland and the other possible permutations:

Slovakia finished third - and were the first third-placed side to be assured of a place in the last 16. They will face either Germany.

West or East, who knows?!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

@Lineker I am here to pick faults in your article on England playing Iceland and the other possible permutations:

West or East, who knows?!

Both.

It's obviously a handicap match!

We've been awful and Ireland deserve to be winning. Sirigu and Florenzi need to be removed from the squad if at all possible.

The biased ITV commentary hasn't been particularly fun to listen to, Andy Townsend shouting "GET IN THERE" is just embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Superintendent Chris2K said:

The biased ITV commentary hasn't been particularly fun to listen to, Andy Townsend shouting "GET IN THERE" is just embarrassing.

He's always biased. Me and my friends take the piss out of his GET IN or GET IN THERE. He always does it in the Champions league.