Euro 2016

Lineker

Manchester City and Belgium captain Vincent Kompany will join the BBC punditry team for Euro 2016.

Kompany, who has 70 caps, has been ruled out of the tournament with a thigh injury but will provide expert analysis from the Paris studio.

The 30-year-old joins a BBC studio line-up led by Gary Lineker that also includes Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry and Gianluca Vialli.

I like international tournaments when you get the likes of Vialli being apart of the team of pundits...and then you still have to put up with the likes of Alan Shearer stating the obvious. 

• Like 1

Ireland squad is out.

Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph, Shay Given, Keiren Westwood.

Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Cyrus Christie, John O’Shea, Ciaran Clark, Shane Duffy, Richard Keogh, Robbie Brady, Stephen Ward.

Midfielders: Glenn Whelan, James McCarthy, Jeff Hendrick, Wes Hoolahan, James McClean, Aiden McGeady, Stephen Quinn, David Meyler.

Forwards: Shane Long, Jon Walters, Daryl Murphy, Robbie Keane

Not too bad I suppose. Given Arter's injury I probably wouldn't have changed much. Guy can't catch a break.

We're going to be shit, but I'm excited!

11 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

I like international tournaments when you get the likes of Vialli being apart of the team of pundits...and then you still have to put up with the likes of Alan Shearer stating the obvious. 

Robbie fucking Savage...

14 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Reus has not been included in the Germany squad.

Got some fitness issues apparently so they didn't want to gamble. Imagine that Woy.

13 hours ago, TCO said:

Ireland squad is out.

Not too bad I suppose. Given Arter's injury I probably wouldn't have changed much. Guy can't catch a break.

We're going to be shit, but I'm excited!

Daryl Murphy to be top scorer! 

5 hours ago, Just Joe said:

Daryl Murphy to be top scorer! 

20 Caps 0 Goals. Well at least you'll get good odds! :P

I always had a soft spot for Daryl Murphy. Going to Cork City games growing up he was an absolute monster for Waterford and had everything. He was obviously playing at a much higher level in England, but its a shame to see him lose his pace and take so long to find his niche with Ipswich.

• Like 1