Euro 2016

Lineker

There's a whole host of Father Ted flags that are genius and loads more from 2012. We have the best flags!

From 2012 in Poland

never-mind-the-others-this-was-actually-

longy1.jpg

unc.jpg

DougalFlag.jpg

Father-Ted-Ireland-flag.jpg

fb53cc31-9899-454c-8362-3a2b39a1a934.jpg

We may be shite, but we're gonna have some craic over there and Dublin will be absolutely mental for our games. I can't wait! :D

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I feel like a Scottish person speaking French would be the funniest thing ever.

You'd have had an absolute riot in the middle ages...

• Like 1

He's part of that generation of French writers that were purposefully dull because they were paid by the word and has been retconned into quality French writing by academics that were more concerned with history than quality. His only good contribution is being s mentor to Maupassant, who is lovely.

• Like 1

Oh, I wouldn't worry about what academics say. I just enjoy the books.

And I'm not sure that "dull" is the right word. Long-winded perhaps, but being purposefully dull is contrary to the whole point of running a serialisation. If a particular instalment is dull, there will be decreased demand to read the subsequent parts (apart from you lot who keep watching WWE even though it's rubbish every week).

I actually think comparing him to WWE is very apt, he was serialized in la Revue De Paris pretty much only because he was friends with the editor and his popularity only took off once he wrote a scandalous book that was admonished. 

Though I do like his Dictionnaire des idées reçues, it's pretty funny. 

• Like 1