Euro 2016

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Add me to the list of people who entered a sweepstake and drew sodding Wales. All the favourites were still in too!

Could have been worse, you could've got England. 

• Like 4

• Admin

Ireland manager Martin O'Neill and his assistant Roy Keane have agreed contract extensions until the 2018 World Cup. The other members of O'Neill's backroom team - Steve Guppy, Seamus McDonagh and Steve Walford - have also signed new deals.

Italy have announced that Giampiero Ventura will succeed Antonio Conte as their head coach after the tournament.

11 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I got Albania but persuaded someone to switch with me. Now I have Italy (H).

That's barely an upgrade looking at the Italy squad.

How on earth did you manage to persuade someone to take Albania for you!?

Well our office bought a set of flags for the championships with one for every team, and we've all put up the flags for the team we got in the sweepstake on our desks.

Being half Italian I already had a much bigger Italian flag up already and convinced them that it would be a waste of my flag if I had an Albanian one instead. They agreed for some reason, so we swapped.

You're right though, especially given the groups there's a chance Albania might have a better tournament.

• Like 1