The Best MLS Season Ever Thread (2016 obviously)

GoGo Yubari

On 2016-07-01 at 11:58, HailtotheTortureRack said:

I'm all for lower league teams ... just not the Cosmos.  I want them to die in a fire, twice.

Oh, and the TFC news gets better!

Yikes. That's not good. Time to start wrapping Giovinco in bubble wrap!

Boooooo. Finally getting down for my first game of the season; can't wait!

While the side is still good, they desperately need to find a replacement for Nogs. While Goaland Alberg is playing out of his skin, I don't think he play two ways to the extent Nog could.

Benfica is sniffing around Cyle Larin ... anywhere from 5-10m$ being reported. 

Also, Jason Kreis is in talks with Orlando to take over as manager .... but I'm not sure that's a fit.  He needs roster control and time to get it worked and I don't know that that'll happen in Orlando.

Portland has transferred Adam Kwarasey to Rosenberg

Vancouver signed 15yr old Alphonso Davies to the first team as a Homegrown product.

Kreis officially named Orlando HC - I want this to work, but ownership has to pull back their control over the roster a bit and let him build.  If not, it'll be NYC all over again.  He needs to be allowed to make the shopping list (or at least have a big say in it) as well as being told to make something with the ingredients. 

^ he's played the last two years under Bradley

Goff reports: D.C. United acquiring F Patrick Mullins from NYCFC for allocation money and intl roster slot

Ives reports: Hearing rumblings of trade sending D.C. United's Fabian Espindola to Vancouver. No word yet on what Whitecaps would give up (Goff also reporting it)

USOC final four:   FCD vs LAG  -  NER vs CHI

Wow did SEA find a way to lose that match in the last 15m.  Jeebus.  Lletget looked like the guy that turned it back around last year and Gyazi was great as well.  Really good to see Herc get a goal and I can't help but wonder why they hell he isn't getting minutes ... CHI looked like an MLS side finally and wiped out the remaining lower division side (FTL) .... Blake has to be frustrated as all hell, the kid put in one of his best performances but PHI couldn't help him out .... and FCD got a 90+ winner over HOU :D

^ That's a great move by the new club.  Huge HUGE prospect with San Lorenzo has been playing regularly since he was 19 and has won the Argentine Premier League AND Libertadores already.  Rumored to be at 2.5m which would be a STEAL if it's that low.  5-6m was floated valuation.  This kid is more highly rated than Veron and Melano who are already in the league and came over as touted highly.  

CLB not done eh? 

Not that you guys need MORE GOALKEEPERS IN PHILLY .... but this still has to sting a little:

Crew add Zack Steffen ... former Philly Academy member   ... Philly thought he was going to go to Europe and stay so they didn't push to get him as a Home Grown .. WHOOPS

Villalba official with Atlanta.