The Best MLS Season Ever Thread (2016 obviously)

GoGo Yubari

17 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Sounders looked better today. Lodeiro is the truth; I cannot believe how good he looked with only three days of time to gel. Valdez also had his best game since last year but the fact that he needed to be subbed off because he was injured at the 55th minute sums up where his body's at. It's a shame because in terms of mental attributes he seems like exactly the player you want, but physically he's just not there anymore. Should have won, really, but Morris' finishing is operated by a random number generator.

Absolutely ... for whatever reason it just hasn't "clicked" for him on a bigger scale but holy balls is he VERY FREAKING GOOD.  Valdez is a guy who thrives off of having either a top partner or provider (like Ailton at Bremen) and a great synergistic player.  He hasn't ever been a carry the load player.  It does suck to see his body not keeping up with his soccer mind.

Could you imagine just how ridiculous Lodeiro feeding Martins would have been though :o

Yeeeeaaahhh @Rocky Horror Szumi Show .... dafuq is going on in Philly?  

A center back pairing that isn't good enough (Marquez has been good, but Tribbett does nothing for me, and Yaro isn't ready yet). Carroll has had a great year IMO but he needs an energetic midfielder next to him that can also control the play. Nogs did that in spades. Creavalle isn't the answer, and the Alberg experiment as a 10 is over for me. He's been figured out; Barnetta needs back in there. Curtin is definitely hoping Edu can come back and be the #8 they need to right the ship. Plus, they're tired. This is a squad that lacks quality depth, and played a lot of soccer over the last 45 days.

They need a replacement for Nogueira ASAP or its another season of no playoffs, really.

The NOGS loss was HUUUUUUGEEE, 100% agree on that.  Ok, didn't realize that Alberg and Barnetta has been swapped, was going to ask WTF happened to Barnetta's effectiveness.  He was rolling for a while.  Tribbett seems to be better at DM than CB from the little I've seen of it.  

The Decision 2016

I, Gary Priest, of sound body and questionable mind, due to their beautiful third kit in FIFA 16, Nat Borcher's beard and their recent acquistion of the greatest centre back who ever lived, Steven Taylor, do hereby officially adopt the Portland Timbers as my MLS team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

The Decision 2016

I, Gary Priest, of sound body and questionable mind, due to their beautiful third kit in FIFA 16, Nat Borcher's beard and their recent acquistion of the greatest centre back who ever lived, Steven Taylor, do hereby officially adopt the Portland Timbers as my MLS team.

Smart man ^ !!!!!

Plus you have insta rivalry with @GoGo Yubari

and damnit Szumi ... YOU BETTER LAND BEDOYA

So apparently late last night Philly traded general allocation money, targeted allocation money, and the Union’s natural first-round pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft   to NE for Charlie Davies (Bedoya's college teammate to boot) and New England’s natural third-round pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft .  Hot damn.

NYRB as been loaned (as a DP) Omer Damari from RBLeipzig (and he's also played for RBSalzburg)

I love that move. I don't even care if he can't get back to where he was from before the cancer, Charlie Davies is an inspiration to me. Getting to watch him play for The Union will be wonderful

• Like 2

Dallas will host NE in the USOC final thanks to a 3-1 victory over CHI for NE, and two late late goals in extra time to give FCD a 2-1 win over LAG.  Man that was awesome!

Speaking of CHI, apparently there are people interested in buying: http://sbisoccer.com/2016/08/report-a-least-three-groups-interested-in-purchase-of-fire