The Best MLS Season Ever Thread (2016 obviously)

GoGo Yubari

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It seemed like it was always on the cards that he'd leave LA once his contract was up. At one point it sounded like he was going to retire too, but then he was saying he might play on for a few months more and now there is some talk he might take up a coaching role at Liverpool. 

I think he'll most likely end up back at Liverpool in a non-playing role. He'd be a great asset to have around in some capacity.  English clubs should do more to keep their big name homegrown stars at their club in some shape or another it doesn't have to be as a coach either my favorite example is Edwin Van Der Sar who is now Ajax's head of marketing.

Well, we pretty much made the playoffs in reverse. Definitely see us getting stomped in Toronto. We've fallen apart in this second half of the season. 

Regardless, making the playoffs is good progress, and we did it a season early, I think. We need to get a striker and center back in the off season, for sure. And, we're most likely to lose our best player this off season too in #SavesByDre

• Like 1

It's a shame Montreal or Toronto likely won't be the high seed in the final should they make it. The idea of an outdoor December game there is beautiful.

It'll probably be Colorado or Dallas out of the west, I guess Seattle as the dark horse. East is anyone's game but probably NYRB's unfortunately.

On 10/24/2016 at 06:06, damshow said:

It'll probably be Colorado or Dallas out of the west, I guess Seattle as the dark horse. East is anyone's game but probably NYRB's unfortunately.

I don't think it'll be either of Colorado or Dallas, honestly. Colorado has a shot but I feel like an aggregate, two-game series favors LA because Colorado's offense is abysmal. With Dallas, I'm not convinced that they can really get it done without Castillo or Diaz.

If we can get past SKC tonight then I think it's Sounders/Galaxy in the Western Conference final.

We 100% stole one there but it couldn't have happened to a more fitting team than SKC, at the hand of the same referee who gifted them a win vs. us last year. Peter Vermes can go cry into his barbecue.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

Well, we're getting a Canadian team in the MLS Cup this year!

Red Bulls flopped again, this time against Montreal, and Seba absolutely raped NYCFC - 5-0 win in Yankee Stadium, 7-0 on aggregate

• Like 1

Now starting my two-week long vigil where I pray for basically everyone to get healthy again so we have a chance against the soul-crushing defense of the Colorado Rapids.