The Best MLS Season Ever Thread (2016 obviously)

GoGo Yubari

IVES reporting that ATL and CLB have agreed on a trade sending Parkhurst to ATL and Allocation Money to CLB.  ATL also reportedly chasing 3 players from Newell's Old Boys (coach Tata's old team)

D Justin Davis and D Kevin Venegas are officially Minnesota's first MLS players.

Swiss international Blerim Dzemaili being linked with Montreal at the close of the Serie A season (plays for Bologna, also owned by Saputo)

Darlington Nagbe "seriously considering" move to Celtic

RSL and 'Burrito' Martinez mutually agree to part ways

There's an ownership group trying to set up an MLS franchise in St. Louis. They're asking for $40 mil in tax credits to help build a new stadium, and are owned in part by Jim Kavanaugh, who started the St. Louis FC (a USL Pro team) as far back as.. 2 years ago.

They've got an empty stadium now though, so why not just renovate that? :shifty:

• Like 2

Yeah, curious as to what happened with the Johnson acquisition ....

From Garber's State of the League:

“There is a deadline on the Miami deal, and I'm not going to share that deadline,” Garber said. “It's an agreement we have with David and [British entertainment entrepreneur] Simon Fuller.

“But what I've said before, and I'll say again here now – we need to resolve the Miami situation so we can go forward with our expansion plans and [teams] 25 through 28, because they're team 24. And if they're not going to be 24, then there are going to be things that need to move around. It's something we'll discuss at our board meeting [next week]. We may or may not come out of that meeting with anything definitive that we'll announce publicly as it relates to Miami.”

So basically LOL Miami ... Dave's going to Las Vegas

- TAM increase for next year (400K per club) and playoff format will stay the same.

- Video replay will be tested during first half of next year and implemented after All Star Break

I'm thinking that ultimately it's all just sports and the real trophy is the memories we've made along the way to this final. Very proud of the players, win or lose. Toronto have been waiting for this moment even longer than we have, so in the big picture what this really is? Is a win for soccer in North America. Regardless. Like, either way really.

Spoiler

I am gonna vomit from nerves within the next hour.

• Like 3

VAN and Pedro Morales part ways ... big loss.

5 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm thinking that ultimately it's all just sports and the real trophy is the memories we've made along the way to this final. Very proud of the players, win or lose. Toronto have been waiting for this moment even longer than we have, so in the big picture what this really is? Is a win for soccer in North America. Regardless. Like, either way really.

Hide contents

I am gonna vomit from nerves within the next hour.

No, you're absolutely right.  This is HUGE and having both of these clubs facing off is amazing for the league and North American soccer.  I certainly won't be bothered seeing TFC win, especially with how the club is made up right now.  I'd just rather Seattle did.  What's awesome is that I can truly enjoy it no matter how it plays out.  I've got a nice stogie waiting to be lit up so I can kick back and watch  ...