The Best MLS Season Ever Thread (2016 obviously)

GoGo Yubari

On 3/7/2016 at 18:16, Jericode said:

*checks results*

Yay, my new team won! And I know one of the scorers! :w00t:

Ignacio Piatti was the surprise best player of my MLS team on Ultimate Team last year, my love for Montreal Impact just went up about 30%.

Glory hunter >_>

@Meacon today is the 1 month anniversary of signing GK Matt Jones, maybe they don't want to ruin his special day.

Seattle is up to something and it's likely going to be pretty big.  With the moves yesterday (trading GAM for TAM) and the 800K additional TAM this season, AND the Oba monies from his selling ..... me thinks they've got something lined up.

8 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

I can't decide if Atlanta United FC's logo is for a footy squad or a beer.

It's gotta be a stout, right?  Probably some coffee/oatmeal nonsense that's way lower an ABV than other stouts.

Matter of fact, that's my expectation for AUFC.  "Should be around 7.4% ABV, actually 6.1%."

It looks thick and syrupy. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Sucks about Edu because he's versatile, but he didn't impress me really in the back line or midfield last year. He's definitely replaceable, although we're Philly... We're going to suck regardless!

12 hours ago, Rocky Horror Szumi Show said:

Sucks about Edu because he's versatile, but he didn't impress me really in the back line or midfield last year. He's definitely replaceable, although we're Philly... We're going to suck regardless!

There was that Okugo guy ya'll had that could literally do everything he did ... *cough*

^ RECORD NUMBERS FROM ACROSS THE POND!!!!!!!!! and that was with Chicago as one of the teams :shifty: Thanks you guys!!!!

23 minutes ago, HailtotheTortureRack said:

There was that Okugo guy ya'll had that could literally do everything he did ... *cough*

^ RECORD NUMBERS FROM ACROSS THE POND!!!!!!!!! and that was with Chicago as one of the teams :shifty: Thanks you guys!!!!

I was watching on a stream >_>

Its the thought that counts

• Like 2

Those of you taking an interest from outside of the US ... I'd like to find a lower level English side to "adopt" ... I've got ties to Championship clubs so I'm looking at L1/2 sides.  I'm an FC Dallas/DCU/Portland Timbers fan if that helps. 

I do have a pull to Coventry as it was the name of the street I grew up on as a little kid (simple associations like that work when you're 10, and it just stuck, plus that blue strip is freaking lovely) ... but I want a side or two besides them.

I'm finding myself leaning towards Pompey thanks to Ian Darke and just the whole story of their fall from the EPL ....

Suggestions?

8 minutes ago, HailtotheTortureRack said:

Those of you taking an interest from outside of the US ... I'd like to find a lower level English side to "adopt" ... I've got ties to Championship clubs so I'm looking at L1/2 sides.  I'm an FC Dallas/DCU/Portland Timbers fan if that helps. 

I do have a pull to Coventry as it was the name of the street I grew up on as a little kid (simple associations like that work when you're 10, and it just stuck, plus that blue strip is freaking lovely) ... but I want a side or two besides them.

I'm finding myself leaning towards Pompey thanks to Ian Darke and just the whole story of their fall from the EPL ....

Suggestions?

We could do with another Orient fan >_>

But you will never see them on TV.

AFC Wimbledon is a good shout and MK Dons are the closest to a North American sports team with their rebranding.

6 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It would be shit to adopt MK Dons in any way, shape, or form. They're also Championship, not League One or Two...

Aren't they just promoted though?

I get why you say that in terms of supporting them, but as a neutral and with no ties to anything over there ... they're actually a decent look.  Especially in terms of getting in towards the beginning of a club and being able to follow from just about the birthing of the club.  That's not something that happens very often ...