Mayweather v McGregor

Adam

It happens in every combat sport that presents belts as championships, as far as I know. MMA, kickboxing and boxing all present new titles for each championship. It's why Jon Jones calls himself a seven or eight or whatever-number-he's-at world champion, he only won the belt once, but he's defended it around 6 or 7 times, so he has like 7 or 8 physical title belts. It's also why Conor only has two, he hasn't defended either one of the titles he won, or he'd probably have a picture of a bunch of title belts around him as well. Demetrius Johnson took this shot after his last title defense:Image result for demetrius johnson titles

It's because it's not a predetermined sport where the title belt is essentially nothing but a plot device for whatever story they want to tell :shifty:

• Like 1

Aye well, getting one replica to keep for when you eventually lose the title is all well and good, but it appears as if UFC or the WBC etc. give you a new belt every time you win a match as champion too, which seems too much.

• Like 1

Also the reason Conor only had one belt at first when he won the 155 title, I believe it was Woodley who gave up his belt momentarily for the interview.

Edited by EddieG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EddieG said:

Also the reason Conor only had one belt at first when he won the 155 title, I believe it was Woodley who gave up his belt momentarily for the interview.

This is right, but he got a second belt soon after.

Well, now that I know they had em out like that it makes wrestling images like this look more impressive to me for whatever reason

UltimoDragon-1.jpg

22 hours ago, =BK= said:

Well, now that I know they had em out like that it makes wrestling images like this look more impressive to me for whatever reason

UltimoDragon-1.jpg

Ultimo held those all at the same time though. That's the J-Crown plus a couple of other belts he had just before he entered WCW

22 minutes ago, Astro Forky said:

Ultimo held those all at the same time though. That's the J-Crown plus a couple of other belts he had just before he entered WCW

I know.

10 hours ago, Rooney! said:

Yeah, Kirkland was saying that it makes Ultimo's feat of holding all of those different belts more impressive. 

It really doesn't though....again...we're talking about a scripted sport over a real combat sport.