Mayweather v McGregor

Adam

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

And once again, Mayweather has made every single one of his customers look like a moron for buying his fight.

I feel I got what I paid for. The money involved is obviously crazy but for £20 between a few of us we got the fight we expected. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I feel I got what I paid for. The money involved is obviously crazy but for £20 between a few of us we got the fight we expected. 

Exactly that. We had 5 of us watching it so 4 quid each essentially. Couple of crates from ASDA as well and taxi to my mates and back I spent about 20/25 quid.

Cheap night 

• Like 1

I did like at one point, I think it was the 9th, Conor hit him with a bodyshot that rocked him a bit and doubled him up and Conor out of instinct hooked his arm around Mayweather's back like he was going to unload some GnP.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Colly said:

At £20 split between several people, I can see where you're coming from. The undercard had Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis, both of whom could be huge names in the near future, and there was also the first professional fight for Britain's Savannah Marshall. If you take away the main event, it was a solid card. $100 is still insane, though.

There is an article that claims that the Brawl For All championship never left Boxing. According to that lineage the current champion would be Tyson Fury who defeated Wladimir Klitschko to win it: http://thecomeback.com/boxing/conor-mcgregor-not-defending-wwe-brawl-title-wladimir-klitschko.html

If you cound Kickboxing fights as MMA fight the lineage of the championship would've ended when Francisco Filho retired after winning the championship in 2004.

56 minutes ago, Dwight K. Schrute said:

I just thought you'd got it wrong :lol:

On a forum that was born out of a dedication to a wrestling game, a forum with a fairly active wrestling subforum... I guess I should have made it more obvious :shifty: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

At £20 split between several people, I can see where you're coming from. The undercard had Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis, both of whom could be huge names in the near future, and there was also the first professional fight for Britain's Savannah Marshall. If you take away the main event, it was a solid card. $100 is still insane, though.

Hartlepool's Savannah Marshall. Sadly we forgot our Teesside patriotism, didn't realise she was on, and played Fight Night on the PS2 for an hour to stave off sleep instead. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I don't know if this was brought up here yet but by defeating McGregor Floyd Mayweather is now the reigning lineal WWF Brawl For All champion:

https://champions.co/p/conor-mcgregor-lineal-brawl-for-all-champion/4158969

This just makes me want a Four Horseman sweatshirt.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Colly said:

Hartlepool's Savannah Marshall. Sadly we forgot our Teesside patriotism, didn't realise she was on, and played Fight Night on the PS2 for an hour to stave off sleep instead. 

I used to play 5-a-side with her cousin! He's always tagging her in stuff on Facebook. Awesome that she got signed by Mayweather.

• Like 1