Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Having not seen Loki 2 or The Marvels is there scope to just pivot away from Kang altogether and just bring back the High Evolutionary instead? He was brilliant in Guardians and is hardly damaged by dying in that one given Ant Man took out Kang.

I'd love Chukwudi Iwuji to take over (and they have a perfect opportunity to say that the High Evolutionary was a Kang variant as the higher-ups specifically said he wasn't Herbert Wyndham), but I think Iwuji may end being a James Gunn loyalist and get a big role in the new DC universe which would prevent him from being such a major role in the MCU.

The only issue they have with recasting is the Quantumania end credits scene where every Kang variant was shown as being Majors in some kind of costume, and if they have any sense their first act will be to cut that out of the Disney+ version.

Loki S2 spoilers below

Spoiler

It seems obvious that they were very much expecting this to happen as He Who Remains was effectively made redundant by the Loki S2 ending and Victor Timely was taken out of prominence by him not getting a TVA handbook. 

Honestly the best thing they could do is just rush to Secret Wars, do the whole 'everyone from every universe fights each other' blow out then start everything again from scratch, with X-Men and Fantastic Four at the heart of things. Still don't think they can shoehorn those two things into the MCU as it stands without ruining things even further or do the characters/teams justice. 

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

The only issue they have with recasting is the Quantumania end credits scene where every Kang variant was shown as being Majors in some kind of costume, and if they have any sense their first act will be to cut that out of the Disney+ version.

They'd be better off cutting most of the post Endgame end credits scenes really, they used to reasonably focused (schwarma aside) and teases for things a year later, these days we're lucky if we ever get a payoff. They've inexplicably become more important (character debuts aplenty) but less organised.

They replaced Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle and no one batted an eye. They're replacing William Hurt with Harrison Ford. It shouldn't be that hard to use MCU magic to explain it away/replace Majors with someone who's less of a scumbag IRL. 

7 hours ago, Colly said:

Having not seen Loki 2 or The Marvels is there scope to just pivot away from Kang altogether and just bring back the High Evolutionary instead? He was brilliant in Guardians and is hardly damaged by dying in that one given Ant Man took out Kang.

He actually didn't die in Guardians Drax carried him off the ship at the end. At least according to Gunn. They showed the scene online but I can't remember if it was in the movie or not

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

He actually didn't die in Guardians Drax carried him off the ship at the end. At least according to Gunn. They showed the scene online but I can't remember if it was in the movie or not

The scene of HE being carried by Drax was in the movie, but very obscure and easily missed.

There's a deleted scene of Rocket visiting him in Knowhere's jail which confirms his being alive, I think Gunn has confirmed that it's canon but was taken out because it broke up the story of the Guardians team being re-configured.

• Like 2

Don't really see the High Evolutionary as a character that would make sense to pin that much on, regardless. IMO the point of him is that he's kind of small and petty and unimpressive.

• Like 1

Other than the stinger in Ant Man, the Kang’s we’ve seen so far are wrapped up.

Delete the scene in Ant Man then work off of Dr Strange being pulled away by Clea and have more iterations of the Avengers go straight in to Secret War, whatever you have to do.

its not like there’s not a million other threads they could pull at and leave this as one of the many unravelled ones.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Deadpool 3 has been renamed to Deadpool & Wolverine.

And I may be looking forward to this more than any film I can remember, except Endgame.

yxjvd2W.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's a good Fantastic Four cast, to be fair. Still the big question on Doom though.

I watched The Marvels on the weekend and whilst fun enough they need to do some AEW-style "restore the feeling" because it was just kinda fine? I gave them a pass for Phase 4 because they tried some new stuff with the TV series and they'd moved two big original stars on and then found out after watching it that we're already halfway through Phase 5, I'm still waiting for anything to really feel important. Even Kang, Majors firing aside, doesn't really feel threatening yet.

21 hours ago, Roster Depth Sicko No. 2 said:

Even Kang, Majors firing aside, doesn't really feel threatening yet.

Having Ant Man defeat the most evil Kang, who had been cast out to the Quantum Realm by all the other Kangs, by himself wasn't exactly a blockbuster introduction. Thanos was great as he was so slowly introduced, feels like they tried something different with Kang and it really didn't work (Majors issue aside).