UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

I'm so hungover today...positive is the parade goes near my house and is only 5 minutes walk away

• Like 1

English teams don't come close to holding parades like us. 

Jurgen being absolutely plastered during the whole trip has been a highlight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

First things first: ankle is indeed fractured. No idea how I got through Saturday. The stadium is abysmal for disabled access. But a great bunch of Liverpool fans basically lifted me up loads of stairs right to our gate. So fair play to them - in fact all the fans on both sides were amazing - even in the face of heavy handed Spanish police.

The game. Well. Penalty killed it immediately really. It was a penalty by the letter of the law obviously - but it's a bloody stupid law. It was almost a relief when Origi scored, as losing 1-0 to that penalty would have been hideous. 

Neither team were amazing. We wasted so many chances. Too many players didn't perform, only Danny Rose really stood out to me as playing well.

I'm still so proud of the team for what they achieved in even managing to get there. And I'm so lucky that I got to see my team playing in a European Cup final. I never ever thought I would get that experience. Now we rebuild and try again. Not convinced that my wife would allow me to go to Istanbul though as I can't seem to stay upright...

All slipping jokes aside though, I do quite like Liverpool so good for them and their fans. If we weren't winning it, Liverpool doing it is palatable I guess!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's an experience you'll always have @Lineker but as I said the other day immediately after, theres no reason why Tottenham can't get here again. If Levy pulls his finger out and strengthens in some key positions you can certainly do it again. Keep Poch and other key players. You're a staple of the top 4, Tottenham just need that bit extra. Difference we had compared to last year was we spent and got two amazing players for positions we needed filling. 

Although Istanbul was 14 years ago I was only an early teenager so this felt like more of the final for me. 

Also echo the fact that from a lot of what I've seen theres been some great moments between Liverpool and Spurs fans in Madrid. Seen a lot over social media which was nice to see

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

What were Southampton like when they had van Dijk? I either can't remember or never took notice. Probably both.

But the difference he's made for Liverpool is crazy. 

He was superb for Southampton - and he's definitely proven worth the money for Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

What were Southampton like when they had van Dijk? I either can't remember or never took notice. Probably both.

But the difference he's made for Liverpool is crazy. 

Consistently top half. So, yeah, you can see the difference he's made in not being there anymore.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Him and all the other players everyone nicked in fairness.

Gotta conquer Southampton first before Europe.