Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Aston Villa agree deal to sign Belgian centre-back Bjorn Engels from Reims, according to Sky sources.

Sheffield United have bid accepted for Preston striker Callum Robinson, according to Sky sources.

Villa aren't fucking around are they

33 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Villa aren't fucking around are they

Be interesting to see how their eight centre-back formation works.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Be interesting to see how their eight centre-back formation works.

*Four, including a badly injured James Chester. 

Seems to be a lot of people weirdly caught up on Villa buying centre backs, ignoring the fact that Chester was genuinely the only one left at the club after Steve Bruce’s genius transfer dealings. 

Mate, I need to make football jokes, I have nothing left. If recent history, which you will be very aware of, is anything to go by, I'm about to endure a season of DeAndre Yedlin being bafflingly played in midfield. And I don't mean in a 'Yeah, well, he's fast so he can play on the right wing', I mean in a 'sitting in the pocket like a pure number 10' role.

29 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

They’re saying what Barcelona have paid is £72m short of his buyout.

What they have done is paid the new legal buyout as of July 1st.

Atletico are saying that the agreement between Griezmann and Barca was in place way before then, so they should get the full payment. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything they can do about it. Teams wait for buyouts to drop, it's just how it works.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Atletico are saying that the agreement between Griezmann and Barca was in place way before then, so they should get the full payment. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything they can do about it. Teams wait for buyouts to drop, it's just how it works.

Should it work that way?  Are Atheltico the victims here, or if they hold him are the players really just slaves [/cristiano mode]

14 hours ago, Baddar said:

What is the new legal buyout?

Just now, Baddar said:

£102m - it was £179m

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking in a broad sense about the rules around legal buyouts. Was it simply that at that point in his contract it simply decreased in value?

Atletico are arguing that they have proof that Griezmann signed a contract with Barcelona in March, therefore the release clause paid should be the amount it was in March.