Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

Ashley Cole has announced his retirement from football.

As I am not employed by a football club and nobody has any interest in signing me (or at least paying the amount I want), I too would like to announce my retirement from football.

15 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

As I am not employed by a football club and nobody has any interest in signing me (or at least paying the amount I want), I too would like to announce my retirement from football.

Truly a sad loss for football 🙏💪💧

• Sad 1

Sky keep shiteing on about how Martial had his #9 taken off him when Lukaku signed. That's bollocks. He got it taken off him when Zlatan signed. Lukaku took it while it was vacant between Zlatan's spells at United.

Trying to push some sort of narrative that isn't there.

6 hours ago, Colly said:

Anyone watching Sky? Pogba's penalty record is awful, but Juan Pablo Angel missed 50% of his, and Kevin Phillip's record is horrific.

This is why I don't get it. 

If Rashford hadn't been on the pitch and Pogba took it, I'd have no issue with it. But when we've struggled to find a settled penalty taker for a while, and Rashford has been scoring his, it's a no brainer. If he misses, nobody makes a big deal out of it. It's always worse when there's this big discussion before it's taken and then missed. 

Pogba really wanted to take it so Rashford let him take it because he didn't want to take it as much apparently. Seems that Solskjaer doesn't have the sway to tell Pogba what to do. Was funny on Sky when Rashford basically contradicted him about five minutes after the explanation as well. I understand having a "list" of penalty takers, "if Kane isn't on the pitch then it goes to Son" and so on but the "you're both penalty takers, just sort it out between you" approach looks bad when something like last night happens. The same happened last week but as Rashford scored it that was kind of missed.

Pogba is statistically one of the worst penalty takers in Premier League history and Rashford has never missed one.

The only explanation is that Pogba used his seniority and name to take the penalty and Ole won't/is afraid to call him out on it.

The excuse he gave was such bullshit.