Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

See, in Europe that's a pen all day nowadays. Glad those aren't being given. His arms weren't exactly miles away from his body even if they were quite high up. They did say they weren't encouraging defenders to just put their arms behind their back through fear of conceding a pen.

Went to the game yesterday, which was my second visit to the new stadium and I'm just not over how good it is, the South Stand, in particular, is amazing. Get to go again for the Newcastle game in a couple of weeks and I'm proper excited. That said, does my nut in when our fans get super frustrated and start audibly groaning or moaning when players make mistakes - just get behind the team ffs. 

I thought Villa were excellent in the first half yesterday. I thought Wesley was a proper handful, Mcginn was class and Grealish was great until he lost the ball at the end for the goal. I think it also showed that the diamond we were trying in pre season doesn't work against teams who are going to be compact and sit a little deeper - we looked so much better when Eriksen came on and we started playing with some width. 

Ndombele also looks much better in a 2 than in a 3. We only saw glimpses yesterday, but he's got so much potential. 

1 hour ago, MDK said:

vs

It's actually crazy that a match which wouldn't really have had any major implications a decade ago is now perhaps the most vicious rivalry in English football. I say that using this as a ridiculous example of stoking fake tension between the two groups of fans, and that Tube brawl which seemed like an absolute farce of a thing.

13 minutes ago, Naitch said:

and that Tube brawl which seemed like an absolute farce of a thing

As far as I could tell it was a bunch of Londoners fighting other Londoners over a dinner plate.

I would have really expected at least one of Pepe or Ceballos to start. I know Emery likes to blend them in gradually but it would have been a really good statement to come out all guns blazing for once. At least Mustafi is nowhere near the lineup.