Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

What season(s) was it when the joke was Man Utd were buying All the Attackers and completely neglecting their defence?

I lose track of these things... Can't remember if it resulted in them finishing 6th or 2nd. :shifty: 

• Admin

Manchester United have told Romelu Lukaku to delete a controversial social media post revealing confidential details of a training sprint session. The striker, thought to be on the verge of a move to Serie A, took to Twitter on Friday to respond to criticisms that he lacks pace by posting statistics from a running test on the Perth leg of United’s July pre-season tour.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær was among the United hierarchy to take a dim view of Lukaku divulging such information publicly. Lukaku, who is keen on a move to Juventus or Internazionale, has since removed the post, which revealed the Belgium forward was second to only Diogo Dalot in a session, which charted the speeds of 22 other first-team players. The tweet was accompanied by the words “lack of pace” alongside running emojis.

Harry Maguire was undergoing a medical at United’s Carrington training ground on Saturday morning before finalising an £85m move from Leicester City, while Solskjær is keen to add further to his squad before Thursday’s transfer deadline. Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic have both been linked with moves to Old Trafford, though the former is understood to be sceptical about any move.

A 24-man United squad are in Cardiff to play Milan in the International Champions Cup but Paul Pogba, who admitted in June that he wanted a new challenge, has not travelled.

United said the France midfielder did not go to Wales because of a recurrence of a back spasm, though some reports have suggested Pogba skipped Friday’s flight from Manchester owing to his desire to force through a move.

“At the end of the session today, Paul got a back spasm, the same issue he had last week, when he missed the session in Norway,” Solskjær said. “But I think he’ll be available early next week.”

There have also been unconfirmed suggestions an administrative error led to him being wrongly named in the squad for the Milan game in Cardiff.

Played alright. Still look a bit rusty and if it wasn't for a worldie of a clearance we would have won at the end. 

Ah well. Didn't even wanna conquer Community anyway...

Phil McNulty has done his predicted league table and has stuck Newcastle bottom. Needless to say I think he's wrong, I'm actually fairly optimistic we won't finish any lower than last seasons 13th and I'm actually tempted to say we could just scrape top half. Needless to say I'm also sticking a cheeky few quid on top 6 at 50/1. 

No doubt we'll end up somewhere between my prediction and his, but bollocks are we finishing bottom. You can see why the Atlantic haven't poached him.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Phil McNulty has done his predicted league table and has stuck Newcastle bottom. Needless to say I think he's wrong, I'm actually fairly optimistic we won't finish any lower than last seasons 13th and I'm actually tempted to say we could just scrape top half. Needless to say I'm also sticking a cheeky few quid on top 6 at 50/1. 

No doubt we'll end up somewhere between my prediction and his, but bollocks are we finishing bottom. You can see why the Atlantic haven't poached him.

Newcastle aren't finishing 20th. I reckon 16th is a good shout.

I agree with the teams he has in the top 10 but I don't think Chelsea will finish 4th and I think Wolves will finish 7th with Leicester/Everton/West Ham rounding up the top 10. 

My prediction:

City, Liverpool, Spurs, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, Aston Villa, Norwich, Sheffield United. 

His prediction that Chelsea will finish 4th based on them having "an uncanny habit of achieving against the odds" is a fair bit of nonsense. Yes, there were those odd seasons when we cantered to the league title somehow, but the reason those were remarkable was because we had completely crashed and burned on the seasons in-between.

Plus, first season in seven years without Eden Hazard in the squad. I mean, come on now.