General Television Thread

Hellfire

Wayward Pines Episode 5

giphy.gif

I don't know what I expected, but it was a lot better than that crap.

Eh, I liked it. Got a feeling that's not exactly the whole story. Still half a season left.

This whole time thing is confusing me a bit. It can't be whatever year they say it is because Burke's boss met with Pilch and wanted to "call off" whatever was going on, didn't he? These "Abby" things are confusing though. This show is getting

super weird. It's like a mixture of Cabin in the Woods and The Village.

Wayward Pines Episode 5

giphy.gif

I don't know what I expected, but it was a lot better than that crap.

Eh, I liked it. Got a feeling that's not exactly the whole story. Still half a season left.

This whole time thing is confusing me a bit. It can't be whatever year they say it is because Burke's boss met with Pilch and wanted to "call off" whatever was going on, didn't he? These "Abby" things are confusing though. This show is getting

super weird. It's like a mixture of Cabin in the Woods and The Village.

I think in 2014 the boss had him placed in the program because he was cheating on his wife. Then when he realized the wife still wanted him he tried to call it off, but couldn't. So instead the wife and son were also placed in the program.

The first episode season 3 of OITNB just felt off. Hope it gets better.

This is Jenji Kohan we're talking about. Remember Weeds? This is why I wanted to see what people thought of the third and fourth seasons before I commit.

• Like 2

Starz to take a stab at developing (it was at HBO a couple years ago) Neil Gaiman's American Gods with Bryan Fuller and Michael Green (NBC's Kings) writing/producing.

I'm not familiar with the source material but it sounds fascinating and Fuller/Green is quite the team to adapt it. Should be interesting.

And about a year later: Starz has ordered American Gods to series. Bryan Fuller and Michael Green wrote it, with both producing and Green to act as showrunner.

What's weird is that I hadn't heard anything about it recently so I was looking into the status of it last week. Crazy.

Edited by livid

The first episode season 3 of OITNB just felt off. Hope it gets better.

This is Jenji Kohan we're talking about. Remember Weeds? This is why I wanted to see what people thought of the third and fourth seasons before I commit.

I never watched Weeds, though I know of Weed's steep drop off in quality.

I still like the show, but it definitely did not feel very special as the first two seasons did. The writing seemed off.

Back then I was very forgiving of what was happening as it, to me, was still one of the stronger shows on television. But if it was on these days I'm pretty sure I would've given it up.

Does it feel like a completely different show? Because yeah, that's Weeds Syndrome.

It doesn't feel like a different show. It just feels like the tone of the first episode was off. It felt like these crazy, tumultuous events occur at the end of season 2 and it's just business as normal at the beginning of season 3. Season 2 sort of ended on this rocket high note and they clearly didn't really know how to keep that momentum going.

I think back on the first episode of that and how I didn't think much of it, and now it's my favourite currently airing comedy.

I agree completely. It's classic Mike Judge, as it's character driven it takes a little while to get those characters across. I'm halfway through season two and it's absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

Catching up on Once Upon a Time season 3 on Netflix since it isn't airing in UK any more. I forgot how much I hate Snow White and Charming, as well as Henry. They're all such annoyingly smug good guys. I know that's kind of the point, but they're so saccharin that I'm pretty sure they're giving me cancer.

The new Hannibal episodes have been tedious and plodding so far. I'm not enjoying it at all. They're also drawing inspiration from the two bad books of the series so I don't really care about the stuff that is happening right now. I wish that they would skip over all this crap and just get to the "Red Dragon" portion of this season already.