UFC News and Discussion Thread

Two good fights in a row, good Fight Night thus far. :D Very close call, talking to LL I knew it would be a close decision and come down to a split decision, but I thought it would go to Ellenberger. Happy either way, Ellenberger came out of this fight looking good. He will be an excellent addition to the welterweight division.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Only saw the last two fights, but nice and exciting.

Round three was definitely Gray's, and round two could have gone either way IMO (I had Huerta). But round one was definitely Roger's. Weird judging there.

And Diaz did what we all expected him to do against somebody who doesn't have the mental makeup of a top fighter.

Scores from around MMA Sites on Gray Maynard vs. Roger Huerta

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Maynard (30-27 Maynard)

Tomas Rios scores the round 10-9 Maynard (30-27 Maynard)

Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Maynard (29-28 Maynard)

Brent Brookhouse had it 10-9 Maynard (29-28 Maynard)

Mike Fagan had it 10-9 Maynard (30-27 Maynard)

Round three was definitely Gray's, and round two could have gone either way IMO (I had Huerta). But round one was definitely Roger's. Weird judging there.

Round One was close, but round two was clearly Gray's. CLEARLY.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Anyone who thinks the Quarry fight was boring clearly doesn't like exciting matches in MMA.

Maynard won rounds two and three, so yeah 29-28 was the right call so I agree with Fitzy.

All in all, it was a good night of fighting and two of the four fighters I have put financial backing to as part of a four-fold bet won, with the other two fighting on Saturday things look good.

Anyone who thinks the Quarry fight was boring clearly doesn't like exciting matches in MMA.

Or clearly knows it wasn't exciting. Like I said, it only had 25 seconds or so of excitement. Not to take away from anything from the fighters, but it simply wasn't a strong fight. It didn't get me pumped up or excited.

as Huerta won round one.

Mixed feelings on that, as just as many saw Gray winning the first. He was just more effective in my honest opinion. Lotfi said he was going to go back and re-watch that first round again so I'll report back with what he says.

I was watching with some non-fans and they thought that was the fight of the night, as did I. Whist I am no MMA expert I know the differance between exciting fights and those which aren't. It was a really fun fight and I can't see why you don't agree in all honesty.

they thought that was the fight of the night, as did I.

May God have mercy on your souls. Ellenberger/Condit was far and beyond the better fight. And I'm not saying anyone has to be a big MMA fan, but I really can not fathom where people are calling that fight "exciting" and moreover fight of the night, and on some places they instantly called it a FotY candidate. To which I will find their addresses and they'll be heard from again.