The Chivas USA Farewell Tour Thread (2014 MLS Thread)

GoGo Yubari

Roster news! Montreal Impact have signed Ignacio Piatti as a DP and Colorado Rapids have traded Nathan Sturgis to Chivas USA for Carlos Alvarez in what on paper looks like a good move for Colorado and a dumb one for Chivas to me.

In an apparent attempt to prove that he has no idea what he's doing, Beckham is now looking for stadium deals outside of Miami-Dade county.

Which, to be fair, is probably his best bet as FAU have a brand-new stadium so he can skip that whole "building a new one" hurdle.

However operating that far away from the city you claim your team is from... that's what the Fusion did, and look how that turned out.

Of course, he wants public funding, he wants waterfront premises... nobody anywhere in Florida is going to go along with that.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I fucking love Cubo Torres. I hope he stays with Chivas/LA2 after the rebrand and becomes one of the faces of that franchise.

The announcer's eighteen-second (!!!) long goal call is the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

US Open Cup Semifinals:

FC Dallas vs. Philadelphia Union

Seattle Sounders vs. Chicago Fire

The Sounders/Timbers match was fucking crazy and unbelievably fun if you're not a Timbers fan. It even featured the return of Ozzie Alonso scoring a ridiculous goal in USOC play.

Elsewhere, Orlando City is negotiating with AC Milan over the possible transfer of Robinho.

This is fantastic. Cameo at 1:47 is the best part probably, though since I'm a Seattle Reign supporter the fact that they cast nothing but Reign players/our coach as every female role in it is delightful.

MLS news! Alvaro Rey has left Columbus Crew for "personal reasons" so they must be thrilled to have traded Oduro away to get him, Chicago have signed Romanian midfielder Razvan Cocis, and Matt Besler has attracted offers from a lot of clubs, including Fulham and Sunderland.