The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

You can't half arse these things. If you want a standard sammich then just go classic cheese. Meat needs the proper care it earned in life.

I've actually gone to the trouble of marinating, cooking and cooling chicken so I can use it in a sammich. Even cooking bacon in the oven so it stays flat.

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

I've actually gone to the trouble of marinating, cooking and cooling chicken so I can use it in a sammich. Even cooking bacon in the oven so it stays flat.

What you need to do is cut small slits in the fat/rind and then grill it

19 hours ago, Lineker said:

Not wanting to jinx anything, but quoting this post for future usage.

Hardly the most absurd claim that's ever been made on here.

I still fancy one of Arsenal or City to get their shit together and go on a run for the title. I'm not convinced Leicester will win the whole thing, but I think they're nailed on for third. And Spurs are pretty much guaranteed fourth, but I don't think they have it in them to finish above the other three. Their style is VERY demanding, and we're approaching the part of the season where that style starts to take its toll on the players. Spurs have a very small squad. Plus, their only 'run-in' experience is bottling fourth place every year, so yeah. I don't see how that young (though talented) a side will have the staying power.

It's hardly a poor reflection on your club. Poch's done a marvelous job and I am envious, I just don't think Spurs will win the league this year because there are three other sides with better squads. Maybe I'm wrong. And, hell, if I am, congratulations. I don't know why you're so desperate to prove me wrong, though.

Edit: I feel it's also worth mentioning that I'd actually like to see Spurs win it ahead of City or Leicester.

Edited by Social Justice Nerf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Social Justice Nerf said:

Hardly the most absurd claim that's ever been made on here.

I still fancy one of Arsenal or City to get their shit together and go on a run for the title. I'm not convinced Leicester will win the whole thing, but I think they're nailed on for third. And Spurs are pretty much guaranteed fourth, but I don't think they have it in them to finish above the other three. Their style is VERY demanding, and we're approaching the part of the season where that style starts to take its toll on the players. Spurs have a very small squad. Plus, their only 'run-in' experience is bottling fourth place every year, so yeah. I don't see how that young (but talented) a side will have the staying power.

It's hardly a poor reflection on your club. Poch's done a marvelous job and I am envious, I just don't think Spurs will win the league this year because there are three other sides with better squads. Maybe I'm wrong. And, hell, if I am, congratulations. I don't know why you're so desperate to prove me wrong, though.

Edit: I feel it's also worth mentioning that I'd actually like to see Spurs win it ahead of City or Leicester.

You might as well say 'you don't win anything with kids'. <_<

• Like 1